ADVERTISEMENT

Missed Out on NC Recruits

sanfordcock

Oct 9, 2013
Anyone surprised we do not have one North Carolina recruit? Seems like we should be able to get a commit or two from a border state. They have good talent pool.

Given the state of the four ACC football programs in North Carolina (Duke is the best of the 4 by a mile), I think it's a real shame that we haven't been able to draw recruits out of that talent-rich state.

Originally posted by sanfordcock:
Anyone surprised we do not have one North Carolina recruit? Seems like we should be able to get a commit or two from a border state. They have good talent pool.
We usually do, but it seems our attention has turned more towards the Atlanta area lately.

We use to do pretty good up there until we brought Deke Adams on board. We gave him that territory and now we get nobody from there. This stuff doesn't happen by chance. Deke is supposed to be a great recruiter. Where are the fruits to his labor?

Originally posted by ipull4usc:
Given the state of the four ACC football programs in North Carolina (Duke is the best of the 4 by a mile), I think it's a real shame that we haven't been able to draw recruits out of that talent-rich state.
Right. With over TWICE the population of SC and just a few hundred thousand less than Georgia, there's talent aplenty up there and we ought to be pulling in at least 3-4 or more recruits per year from the Tar Heel state - cherry-picking, at that. I just don't get it. The state that gave us Melvin Ingram, and we go goose-egg recruiting there. Mystery.

Originally posted by Prince of Darkness:
We use to do pretty good up there until we brought Deke Adams on board. We gave him that territory and now we get nobody from there. This stuff doesn't happen by chance. Deke is supposed to be a great recruiter. Where are the fruits to his labor?
BINGO!

Brad Lawing had NC then Deke got it. Used to get some real good ones, now we don't have a single recruit from NC this year.
If we see it, guaranteed the Spurriers have seen it.

Guys this is the 2nd year in a row with no NC recruits. And in 2013 we got three of the top 10. It's been sporadic to say the least. And their largest city is an interstate hour away. If we can recruit Atlanta why not Charlotte? Seeing guys like Gurley, Marshall, and Bullard drive by us on their way to Athens and Gainesville is hard to watch. I guess old perceptions die hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT