ADVERTISEMENT

NC State is a Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC State is a Fraud. Joke team. But they will beat the taters who are a bigger fraud. Lol

And see the taters keep dropping every week! Lol down to #4. They will keep dropping including when NCSt beats them. They barely beat NC st last year on a lucky missed FG. They won't keep. Getting lucky like that.

Reactions: okccock
State is usually a fraud. But their coach stays off the hot seat by going to a mediocre bowl most years and because he runs roughshod over Fedora's imploding program in Chapel Hill. But hope as much as you want, and nobody hopes more than me, but they aren't beating Clemson. This years Clemson team does seem to play down to their competition, but they just have too much talent for State.

Reactions: king ward
NC State is a Fraud. Joke team. But they will beat the taters who are a bigger fraud. Lol

And see the taters keep dropping every week! Lol down to #4. They will keep dropping including when NCSt beats them. They barely beat NC st last year on a lucky missed FG. They won't keep. Getting lucky like that.
The FG was 2016. Last year we were up by 10. NCSt drove down for FG and cut it to 7. We tried to be conservative with 3 straight QB runs. Went 3 and out. NCSt was driving but we intercepted them at the 33 to end the game.

They just announced a game vs ecu in raleigh.

Maybe they could kickoff at 12:00, and we could play the loser at 7:30

giphy.gif

The FG was 2016. Last year we were up by 10. NCSt drove down for FG and cut it to 7. We tried to be conservative with 3 straight QB runs. Went 3 and out. NCSt was driving but we intercepted them at the 33 to end the game.
Yup, i believe you, even if no one else does i will always think you are possilute correct.

Biggest mistake we ever made. We don't belong in the SEC.
We belong exactly where we're at.

Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.
James Baldwin, Giovanni's Room

And...

I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance.
Beryl Markham, West with the Night

Some of y'all need to lighten the hell up and get an F'ing grip!!!

We belong exactly where we're at.

Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.
James Baldwin, Giovanni's Room

And...

I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance.
Beryl Markham, West with the Night

Some of y'all need to lighten the hell up and get an F'ing grip!!!
Your first statement is interesting grist for discussion. You and I never saw all the machinations behind the curtain that got us to where we are, whether they were well-considered or the stuff of folly - or even whether or not they were undertaken in good faith.

I've often looked back whimsically on some of the places, people, and times I experienced while growing up. We moved a good bit. When I get very clinical about them, I realize I left them and they mostly forgot me and neither they nor I are the same as we were in my idealized recall. But that doesn't mean I couldn't have made a home somewhere back there had I remained. Do you ever think about Lancaster that way?

Reactions: Gaimcock
Your first statement is interesting grist for discussion. You and I never saw all the machinations behind the curtain that got us to where we are, whether they were well-considered or the stuff of folly - or even whether or not they were undertaken in good faith.

I've often looked back whimsically on some of the places, people, and times I experienced while growing up. We moved a good bit. When I get very clinical about them, I realize I left them and they mostly forgot me and neither they nor I are the same as we were in my idealized recall. But that doesn't mean I couldn't have made a home somewhere back there had I remained. Do you ever think about Lancaster that way?

Kingy, that reply seems sincerely honest, and I do admire it!

In regards to how I feel about LA, well all I can tell you here is that I Thank God Everyday that I was able to get myself and my family outta there when I did. That move totally changed our lives in the most positive ways possible and/or imaginable!! My home now are what I refer to as the 3-C's. Those being Charlotte, Columbia and Charleston, w/ Chucktown being my favorite!!

That old town that I grew up in I very seldom even see unless I hafta get mom in the hospital, doctor, or whatever. Unfortunately, her days are limited in regards to her age and overall health. The other thing is that she actually lives closer to Pageland these days. Hence my travels in LA County are VERY short and sweet, and prominently via Hwy 601 and/or a few back roads in and below Monroe, NC. There will come a time that as I exit stage left from that area, that I do so for the very last time. In all honesty, that'll be a very, very, very good thing for me!

Reactions: king ward
Kingy, that reply seems sincerely honest, and I do admire it!

In regards to how I feel about LA, well all I can tell you here is that I Thank God Everyday that I was able to get myself and my family outta there when I did. That move totally changed our lives in the most positive ways possible and/or imaginable!! My home now are what I refer to as the 3-C's. Those being Charlotte, Columbia and Charleston, w/ Chucktown being my favorite!!

That old town that I grew up in I very seldom even see unless I hafta get mom in the hospital, doctor, or whatever. Unfortunately, her days are limited in regards to her age and overall health. The other thing is that she actually lives closer to Pageland these days. Hence my travels in LA County are VERY short and sweet, and prominently via Hwy 601 and/or a few back roads in and below Monroe, NC. There will come a time that as I exit stage left from that area, that I do so for the very last time. In all honesty, that'll be a very, very, very good thing for me!
You know I came here in early 1970 and have been here ever since. Actually, I've been glad to live in one place all this time and I have a fine family and nice circle of friends. I had a good career at the Bowater plant, although I wish it hadn't ended with a downsizing. But I know as well as you that the town has changed, and not for the better, with the contraction of the textile industry. Of course, points north in the county are booming. I do see some glimmering signs of redevelopment in Lancaster proper. I hope my grandchildren will one day get to enjoy a more vibrant Lancaster like the one I remember. By the way, my former workplace was sold today for $350 million to a company headed by the owner of the New England Patriots. I think that ensures it will run for at least several decades longer, although the product line will change.

Reactions: Gaimcock
You know I came here in early 1970 and have been here ever since. Actually, I've been glad to live in one place all this time and I have a fine family and nice circle of friends. I had a good career at the Bowater plant, although I wish it hadn't ended with a downsizing. But I know as well as you that the town has changed, and not for the better, with the contraction of the textile industry. Of course, points north in the county are booming. I do see some glimmering signs of redevelopment in Lancaster proper. I hope my grandchildren will one day get to enjoy a more vibrant Lancaster like the one I remember. By the way, my former workplace was sold today for $350 million to a company headed by the owner of the New England Patriots. I think that ensures it will run for at least several decades longer, although the product line will change.
Ya know there were a lot of folks that expected (man I still call it Bowater) it to be either bought out or shut down. You started there on the 70's on the management side I assume. Does the name C. Mathis ring a bell?? I was good friends with two of his sons back when he got into things he shoulda never even dreamed about, muchless invested in!! If that name doesn't ring a bell, then no worries!!

The Indian Land and Ballantyne area is ROCKIN' Right Now, and it looks good there for the extended future. That software firm has created a lot of positive happenings in that area!!

You moved there in the 70's, and I moved out initially in 85, and permanently in 89. Then back again for a few years at a family business, then back out in 99. Like I said, I don't miss it these days!!

Ya know there were a lot of folks that expected (man I still call it Bowater) it to be either bought out or shut down. You started there on the 70's on the management side I assume. Does the name C. Mathis ring a bell?? I was good friends with two of his sons back when he got into things he shoulda never even dreamed about, muchless invested in!! If that name doesn't ring a bell, then no worries!!

The Indian Land and Ballantyne area is ROCKIN' Right Now, and it looks good there for the extended future. That software firm has created a lot of positive happenings in that area!!

You moved there in the 70's, and I moved out initially in 85, and permanently in 89. Then back again for a few years at a family business, then back out in 99. Like I said, I don't miss it these days!!
1972. Worked my way from the bottom into line management. Retired in March 2010. With the latest developments, the plant might well make it to 2100 now, although it won't likely ever employ as many as it used to.

Clemson defeated NC State 38-31 in Raleigh last season. Don’t remember a missed FG derailing Clemson in Raleigh.

They will find a new way to choke this season.

Prove me wrong, State.

For personal reasons, I would love to play UVa and VT every year but the rest can play each other. And much like WVU and Pitt, I don’t care if we never played Clemmons again, even if the series was 95-5 in our favor. Think of the exhilaration of playing at Wake, Duke, or even dUNCe for that matter in front of 26k fans. But anyway, I was kind of surprised at how many of my Cavalier friends during all the realignment talk a few years back were seriously interested in the SEC. They know UNC will always rule that conference.

I wouldn’t mind playing someone in the ACC other than UNC and NCS occasionally, but we can win here. We have before, but it is a never ending grind, and we chose to end it in 2013-14. Hopefully some coach(es) will get us back there.

I’d love to be back in the ACC. Think we could win a little more, have great geographic rivalries, and it’s easier to travel to all the road games outside of BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Miami. I did like the ACC much better before expansion.

I’d be all about trading spots with Florida State or Miami...we are nobody’s rival in the SEC. With the SEC switching our permanent from Arkansas to A&M it showed we are still the redheaded stepchild in this league. Even Arkansas and Missouri get a game that makes sense for them. Sure the environements aren’t all as good but it’s funny many of us see Vandy as the best road trip in the conference. We haven’t fared that well in the awesome environments and at this point I’d rather play at duke in front of 20,000 fans and get a win that lose in front of 100,000 anywhere else. Plus we could copy the Clemson schedule and get some cool home and home games against Big 10, Big 12, or Pac 12 schools. Not to mentions we’d play Notre Dame at least once every 5 years.

I’d love to be back in the ACC. Think we could win a little more, have great geographic rivalries, and it’s easier to travel to all the road games outside of BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Miami. I did like the ACC much better before expansion.

I’d be all about trading spots with Florida State or Miami...we are nobody’s rival in the SEC. With the SEC switching our permanent from Arkansas to A&M it showed we are still the redheaded stepchild in this league. Even Arkansas and Missouri get a game that makes sense for them. Sure the environements aren’t all as good but it’s funny many of us see Vandy as the best road trip in the conference. We haven’t fared that well in the awesome environments and at this point I’d rather play at duke in front of 20,000 fans and get a win that lose in front of 100,000 anywhere else. Plus we could copy the Clemson schedule and get some cool home and home games against Big 10, Big 12, or Pac 12 schools. Not to mentions we’d play Notre Dame at least once every 5 years.

I continue to predict a conference contraction around the middle of the 2020s when TV deals expire. Linear cable networks will matter less because streaming will dominate. We will not be forced to pay for channels we don’t want/need. So these huge geographic footprints of the conferences won’t matter as much.

Quality content will matter more. South Carolina vs. North Carolina will draw more viewers than South Carolina vs. Missouri. As will Missouri vs. Kansas.

Not sure what it will mean to current conferences. Will be better for student-athletes and fans as the travel distances are reduced.

Sanity will prevail.

Wth are you looking at

Actually they are fifth in SOR. Read the definition at the bottom and you’ll see how their wins this year match up with other teams. Shows the chances of other top 25 teams of having the same record having played Clemson’s schedule

I agree with both of you. But hope it happens in a way where Syracuse, BC, etc. reform the old Big East and everyone plays regionally, except for the planned cross country matchup with teams you want to play.

I’d be ok with this, though trips to Boston and Upstate New York could be fun. Hopefully early to mid-season and not late.

I just don’t ever see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT