ADVERTISEMENT

NGU wins the D-2 Baseball National Championship

Any word yet on the Head Baseball Coach 'opening' at UofSC?
He has developed such a positive climate there. The players all have positive relationships with him / assistants. One of his strengths is developing his kids / solid instruction. He took over a 8-35 team and this year were 54-10. He notched his 300 victory with the national championship win. His players are talented. John Michael Faile was the DII player of the year, 3 time AA, and played in the Cape Cod League last year. Transfers from D-1 have bolstered their line-up. All their kids appear very fit, athletic and fast. One has to believe this program will soon want to schedule some D-1 schools. I have been to some 15 games this year at Tigerville. I would like to see Coach Powell and his staff get a D-1 opportunity...perhaps in Columbia.

Well we can say it all we want. And wish they would give Landon a shot. But when a change happens next year, if it happens. But Ray isn't going after a D2 coach. No matter the connections to USC.

He has developed such a positive climate there. The players all have positive relationships with him / assistants. One of his strengths is developing his kids / solid instruction. He took over a 8-35 team and this year were 54-10. He notched his 300 victory with the national championship win. His players are talented. John Michael Faile was the DII player of the year, 3 time AA, and played in the Cape Cod League last year. Transfers from D-1 have bolstered their line-up. All their kids appear very fit, athletic and fast. One has to believe this program will soon want to schedule some D-1 schools. I have been to some 15 games this year at Tigerville. I would like to see Coach Powell and his staff get a D-1 opportunity...perhaps in Columbia.
If he has speed as a priority and is able to develop talent, no wonder he's winning championships. That's awesome!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT