ADVERTISEMENT

No improvement, same old cocks

The OL is why we need a mobile QB. Hopefully the offense will improve drastically when Doty is back
Hopefully. Just think a lot of people here might be disappointed when he can't make the throws y'all expect him to. JMO and hope I'm wrong because I love my Gamecocks. I have a feeling some will be screaming for Gauthier before the season is over. And he might show out like Tanneyhill did. We trotted out several qbs till that bama game that he took over. Talent wise I think he has the best potential but he's a freshman so have to wait and see.

Specifically what types of play calls would you have liked to see?
Anything quick outside of the tackles. Screen passes or slants to the WRs or even outside sweeps with the RBs. Anything off the edge would have been better choices than continuing to go right into the blitz.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
My recollection is Tanneyhill looked quite sucky in the Alabama game that season. I believe 15th ranked Mississippi State was his first start.

But I believed my keys were in my pocket when I locked up the house earlier today too, so…
Yeah you're wrong. No biggie. I was there. Tanneyhill did not start. He came in late and led us down the field for a td. The guy sitting behind me was engaging me in friendly banter the whole game. when we scored I jumped up and turned around to see him smile at my excitement. Then I said something about us scoring against their 2nd or 3rd string and he said no, they put the starters back in after we crossed midfield. Tanneyhill started every game after that.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Hopefully. Just think a lot of people here might be disappointed when he can't make the throws y'all expect him to. JMO and hope I'm wrong because I love my Gamecocks. I have a feeling some will be screaming for Gauthier before the season is over. And he might show out like Tanneyhill did. We trotted out several qbs till that bama game that he took over. Talent wise I think he has the best potential but he's a freshman so have to wait and see.
You could be right. Honestly, I'm not sold, even on Doty. Get the Troy and Vandy wins and find a way to sneak out with one other win. I'll then consider the season a success.

ECU is not very good. We are bad relative to the rest of the SEC. we have gone from good to bad to worse and now worst? I think Vanderbilt has a good chance of knocking us off. It is not like we have no talent. You got to coach em up.

it is one thing to be the players buddy, but you need to coach them. Not happy with what I am seeing.

when will our fans learn? Decision after devision is moving us closer to the Cliff of irrelevancy.
Beamer’s post game interview with ESPN was strange, I mean he nearly cried over a win against a bad ECU team. He talked about all the things his guys went through last year, what team didn’t go through a tough time last year? COVID presented unprecedented challenges for every team.

Hopefully he just got caught up in the emotion but the comments seemed tone deaf.

ECU is not very good. We are bad relative to the rest of the SEC. we have gone from good to bad to worse and now worst? I think Vanderbilt has a good chance of knocking us off. It is not like we have no talent. You got to coach em up.

it is one thing to be the players buddy, but you need to coach them. Not happy with what I am seeing.

when will our fans learn? Decision after devision is moving us closer to the Cliff of irrelevancy.
Another negative whiner.

You’re complaining that Vandy will beat us? Look up the scores in the Vandy games Spurrier coached, when we had arguably better overall talent.

We won yesterday. Wasn’t always pretty, but we did what we had to do.

FSU would love to be 2-0, or even 1-1 right now.

Yeah you're wrong. No biggie. I was there. Tanneyhill did not start. He came in late and led us down the field for a td. The guy sitting behind me was engaging me in friendly banter the whole game. when we scored I jumped up and turned around to see him smile at my excitement. Then I said something about us scoring against their 2nd or 3rd string and he said no, they put the starters back in after we crossed midfield. Tanneyhill started every game after that.
And were a Brandon Bennett halfback pass thrown just long from being 6-0 the rest of the way.

Beamer’s post game interview with ESPN was strange, I mean he nearly cried over a win against a bad ECU team. He talked about all the things his guys went through last year, what team didn’t go through a tough time last year? COVID presented unprecedented challenges for every team.

Hopefully he just got caught up in the emotion but the comments seemed tone deaf.
Your agenda’s showing.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Anything quick outside of the tackles. Screen passes or slants to the WRs or even outside sweeps with the RBs. Anything off the edge would have been better choices than continuing to go right into the blitz.
I wouldn't have minded a screen pass or two or a swing pass. I wonder if there's a reason they didn't.

And were a Brandon Bennett halfback pass thrown just long from being 6-0 the rest of the way.
Don't remember that play. I remember Tanneyhill hitting a receiver in the chest in the endzone with what would have been the winner against Florida (was it Cheney?) after vowing we'd win out. Wasn't his fault we didn't. Then he beat clemson at clemson. In fact I don't remember him having a sucky game. But I was a younger man then. I'm an old man now.

Hey our screen names rhyme! I think we might win 6 maybe. But remember, football is for entertainment purposes only.
Yeah. LOL. Hope 6 happens. If it does, Shane deserves consideration for COY. I 've been a Gamecock fan for a long, long time. Went to my first game in the month that JFK was assassinated. Thus, I long ago stopped taking wins/losses seriously and personally. If we win....fantastic. If we don't......there's more to life.

Yeah. LOL. Hope 6 happens. If it does, Shane deserves consideration for COY. I 've been a Gamecock fan for a long, long time. Went to my first game in the month that JFK was assassinated. Thus, I long ago stopped taking wins/losses seriously and personally. If we win....fantastic. If we don't......there's more to life.
You may or may not be older than me. I was in the 1st grade when JFK got it. I remember my teacher freaking out.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Just a little bit. Let's just say that I'm enjoying the benefits of Social Security and Medicare. LOL
So I'm 3 years behind you. Hate the thought of retiring though. Rather do what I do then play golf or whatever. Get to sleep late on Saturday. That's good enough for me.

Hate to say it, but this has been vintage Gamecock football. Trick play for a TD by the opposing team to start the, fumble across the goal line to lose a TD and give a touchback, close calls not going our way (Dak fumble), D collapses as soon as offense shows up, stupid penalties, etc.

After 100+ years, I don't know why we bother expecting anything different.

D collapses as soon as the offense shows up? What the hell are you talking about? The D held ECU to 2-16 on 3rd down. Scored a TD. Sacked the qb 5 times. Had two interceptions. And only gave up 17 points to a team that spent all day with good field position because of out offense.

were you talking about the field goal they gave up in the second half? So 3 points in a half is a collapse? Seems like maybe your emotions are interfering with your intellect.

It blows my mind that yall are saying the defense looks better after Eastern Illinois and ECU. Last year we jumped straight in to the frying pan the first game. You can't assess a single thing at this point other than it hasn't been pretty, especially on the OL.

It blows my mind that yall are saying the defense looks better after Eastern Illinois and ECU. Last year we jumped straight in to the frying pan the first game. You can't assess a single thing at this point other than it hasn't been pretty, especially on the OL.
4 interceptions with 2 pick sixes in just 2 games. That’s a huge improvement over last year.

Reactions: TAV31
D collapses as soon as the offense shows up? What the hell are you talking about
I took it to mean that traditionally in past seasons when we had a good defense then our offense would be down. When we had good offensive teams our defense would have a down year. Least that's how I took it.

new coach

new staff

young team left by a loser coach & staff

easy to bitch

for sophisticated "fans" like you

give it a damn rest

Don't say that, this is going to upset the crowd that magically sees 6 or more wins in this season, the second coming of Tanneyhill and a hidden weapon currently riding the pine. The mental gymnastics required to make chicken shit into chicken salad are amusing.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I was talking about last year's games the way they played out. This year's games may play out differently. But yes, what you said was correct.
I hate it but I don't think we play nearly as good this year against UT or UF unless that offensive line experiences one hell of a transformation. Its possible though.

How about only winning 5 before the CU game and 1-7 in the SEC and then we beat CU and go on and win a bowl game? Would that make you happy? Looks like 5-7 this year unless we play lights out and surprise everyone. Go Cocks!

How do you know that? Isn’t that why we play the games? They are tackling better and playing as a unit. They don’t look lost like they did last year.
How do you know they're tackling better than last year when they haven't played a comparable opponent to last year?

How about only winning 5 before the CU game and 1-7 in the SEC and then we beat CU and go on and win a bowl game? Would that make you happy? Looks like 5-7 this year unless we play lights out and surprise everyone. Go Cocks!
It's going to take an upset just to get to 5 wins.

Another negative whiner.

You’re complaining that Vandy will beat us? Look up the scores in the Vandy games Spurrier coached, when we had arguably better overall talent.

We won yesterday. Wasn’t always pretty, but we did what we had to do.

FSU would love to be 2-0, or even 1-1 right now.
FSU played Notre Dame and JSU. We played a high school and ECU. Stop being so obtuse. By the end of the season this team will be comatose. Beamer has to be a brilliant coach to get us. out of this hole. The talent is there the coaching is bare!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT