ADVERTISEMENT

Pay to play and Dabo

Pretty racist to think that just because a kid is black and has cash that someone had to give it to him.
A college kid usually doesn’t have that kind of cash. Doesn’t matter what race he is. The racist claim has been run into the ground. Remove that chip from your shoulder. You’ll be a much happier person.

Reactions: jbouton and bobo3
Posting a picture of a recent clemson recruit with a fist full of money is not racist. It is called evidence. As soon as clemson became aware he put this pic on Facebook they told him to remove it. Why do you think they did that ?
Playing the race card because you do not like the pic was too predictable. Nice try but you failed.
His response is straight out of the "Meet the Bagman" article SB Nation did. If someone asks where the new car came from, call them a racist. When someone asks how a family bought/sold a carwash for a sweet deal, call them a racist. When a high school recruit flashes several thousand dollars on social media from his gym, well, you get the picture.

Reactions: bobo3
It is not like there is no reason to believe they cheat.

bellamy100s.jpg
which player is this?

Posting a picture of a recent clemson recruit with a fist full of money is not racist. It is called evidence. As soon as clemson became aware he put this pic on Facebook they told him to remove it. Why do you think they did that ?
Playing the race card because you do not like the pic was too predictable. Nice try but you failed.
Actually, I don’t think you are racist, I’m just making a point. Today, if someone doesn’t like something you say, they call you racist and that pretty much shuts the conversation down, because arguing that you aren’t just makes it appear more so. Same thing with Clemson. Carolina fans are so jealous of Clemson’s success, they call them cheaters and expect that to shut the conversation down. Saying that picture is evidence is silly. You know nothing about that player, that money or that Clemson told him to take it down, so no, it’s not evidence. So when fans on hear talk about Clemson cheating incessantly all it does is make them and other USC fans appear angry, childish and ignorant by default. I’ll tell you what. If you can give me real proof that Clemson pays players, I’ll give you $10,000. If you really can prove it, then here’s your chance to personally benefit from that insider knowledge. Whatcha say?

A college kid usually doesn’t have that kind of cash. Doesn’t matter what race he is. The racist claim has been run into the ground. Remove that chip from your shoulder. You’ll be a much happier person.
You’re right, like I just replied to someone else, the race card has been run into the ground, just like the cheating claim. I was making a point.

Reactions: SportsFan482
Actually, I don’t think you are racist, I’m just making a point. Today, if someone doesn’t like something you say, they call you racist and that pretty much shuts the conversation down, because arguing that you aren’t just makes it appear more so. Same thing with Clemson. Carolina fans are so jealous of Clemson’s success, they call them cheaters and expect that to shut the conversation down. Saying that picture is evidence is silly. You know nothing about that player, that money or that Clemson told him to take it down, so no, it’s not evidence. So when fans on hear talk about Clemson cheating incessantly all it does is make them and other USC fans appear angry, childish and ignorant by default. I’ll tell you what. If you can give me real proof that Clemson pays players, I’ll give you $10,000. If you really can prove it, then here’s your chance to personally benefit from that insider knowledge. Whatcha say?

If anyone gave you proof you would not accept it. So, keep your $10,000 and let’s discuss Clemson more of a way logical way. PLEASE FORGIVE THIS LONG RESPONSE.

Traditional college winners:( Through the years )

So. Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Texas, LSU, Auburn, North Carolina, Miami, FSU, Nebraska, Colorado, Florida, Bama, OSU, Okla, Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon. Have I left out anyone? Maybe, so forgive me.You get the picture.

Elite Teams today all come from that list EXCEPT ONE. Here is another list . These are teams trying to get back to nation prominence. Some are on the list above, but I think you know where I am going.these teams had a former hay day, and it went away.

Pitt, Syracuse, Miami, FSU, Clemson, Army, Yale, Auburn.
, Ga Tech, Maryland, Again, hope I did not miss any.

The next, and some picks might be controversial. We can discuss that later. These are today’s Elite teams:

Clemson
Bama
Ohio St
Georgia
Oklahoma
NotreDame
LSU
Florida
Oregon
Washington

OK now you can take all the elite teams and find them on list #1. Clemson is the only team not on list #1. Some might argue that they should be but My point is this. Play Sesame St and ask yourself which one seems to not belong on the elite list. Of all the teams trying to get back to the big time, Clemson vaulted over all of them.
All traditional powers, Clemson vaulted over them. So Clemson has had an unusually quick trip up the ladder. As a matter of fact, they jumped over all the other Elite teams who have as good or better facilities, as much money, and even some recruit in the same region.

Why? It it because of Dabo’s character or his recruiting prowess, or some magic energy given him by God? No. In 2010 Auburn got away with paying a family member with a church involved.it took a while for the bandwagon to fill. It was about 2012 to 14 Clemson started signing an abundance or 5-star and top recruits.They moved quietly into the top ten recruiting.

Clemson has fans and alumni similar to Alabama, Auburn and a few others who so need a winning football team they will do most anything to get one. SC does not have as many of those guys, with money who are willing to shell out when needed. Just a little side light here: I know several of them, some are my relatives.
So, think about this; would you bet your life on Clemson purity

Reactions: bobo3

So. Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Texas, LSU, Auburn, North Carolina, Miami, FSU, Nebraska, Colorado, Florida, Bama, OSU, Okla, Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon. Have I left out anyone? Maybe, so forgive me.You get the picture.

Elite Teams today all come from that list EXCEPT ONE. Here is another list . These are teams trying to get back to nation prominence. Some are on the list above, but I think you know where I am going.these teams had a former hay day, and it went away.

Clemson is ranked #15 in all time wins.
http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/all-time-wins

If anyone gave you proof you would not accept it. So, keep your $10,000 and let’s discuss Clemson more of a way logical way. PLEASE FORGIVE THIS LONG RESPONSE.

The next, and some picks might be controversial. We can discuss that later. These are today’s Elite teams:

Clemson
Bama
Ohio St
Georgia
Oklahoma
NotreDame
LSU
Florida
Oregon
Washington

OK now you can take all the elite teams and find them on list #1. Clemson is the only team not on list #1. Some might argue that they should be but My point is this. Play Sesame St and ask yourself which one seems to not belong on the elite list. Of all the teams trying to get back to the big time, Clemson vaulted over all of them.
All traditional powers, Clemson vaulted over them. So Clemson has had an unusually quick trip up the ladder. As a matter of fact, they jumped over all the other Elite teams who have as good or better facilities, as much money, and even some recruit in the same region.

Why? It it because of Dabo’s character or his recruiting prowess, or some magic energy given him by God? No. In 2010 Auburn got away with paying a family member with a church involved.it took a while for the bandwagon to fill. It was about 2012 to 14 Clemson started signing an abundance or 5-star and top recruits.They moved quietly into the top ten recruiting.

Clemson has fans and alumni similar to Alabama, Auburn and a few others who so need a winning football team they will do most anything to get one. SC does not have as many of those guys, with money who are willing to shell out when needed. Just a little side light here: I know several of them, some are my relatives.
I appreciate your thoughtful reply, but yes if you could give me hard proof, I’d give you $10k. You also way underestimate Dabo’s appeal to these kids and their parents. They go nuts over him. Just this week and article was published that asked all FBS coaches who they would want their son to play for, and Dabo was #1 by far. You may not like him, but he has an incredible magnetism.
Answer me this. Clowney was the number 1 player in the country and was in Clemson’s backyard, so they obviously had a foot up on many other programs in the country. If Clemson was going to pay a recruit, Clowney would obviously be a prime example. Clowney clearly didn’t go to Clemson. Why didn’t he then “out” Clemson. Play this scenario over with every elite recruit that chooses not to go to Clemson? Why? Why hasn’t any recruit reported that? It’s absurd. Secrets that big can’t stay hidden. But again, if I’m wrong and you can prove it, I’ll go to the bank today and get you 5000 $2 bills with tiger paws stamped on them.

I appreciate your thoughtful reply, but yes if you could give me hard proof, I’d give you $10k. You also way underestimate Dabo’s appeal to these kids and their parents. They go nuts over him. Just this week and article was published that asked all FBS coaches who they would want their son to play for, and Dabo was #1 by far. You may not like him, but he has an incredible magnetism.
Answer me this. Clowney was the number 1 player in the country and was in Clemson’s backyard, so they obviously had a foot up on many other programs in the country. If Clemson was going to pay a recruit, Clowney would obviously be a prime example. Clowney clearly didn’t go to Clemson. Why didn’t he then “out” Clemson. Play this scenario over with every elite recruit that chooses not to go to Clemson? Why? Why hasn’t any recruit reported that? It’s absurd. Secrets that big can’t stay hidden. But again, if I’m wrong and you can prove it, I’ll go to the bank today and get you 5000 $2 bills with tiger paws stamped on them.

How about you prove I am wrong. I will give you 10k. I like that better. LOL

You make good points. Let me ask; do you think Dabo is that great a recruiter. I realize he would get involved with the 5-stars etc, but I do not believe Clemson came this far on Dabo’s personality. Understand please I like and respect Dabo. I think he is a very good coach, but just like the Clemson player said on the FBI recording, “ Clemson has lots of RESOURCES. “

Ok, so they jumped over 15 of the top programs in the country. But, I see what you mean. That would put them on the first list.
your list implied that they were some no name team historically that just came from nowhere to get to the top of the football world. when in actuality, that is not correct.

How about you prove I am wrong. I will give you 10k. I like that better. LOL

You make good points. Let me ask; do you think Dabo is that great a recruiter. I realize he would get involved with the 5-stars etc, but I do not believe Clemson came this far on Dabo’s personality. Understand please I like and respect Dabo. I think he is a very good coach, but just like the Clemson player said on the FBI recording, “ Clemson has lots of RESOURCES. “
It’s nearly impossible to prove a negative. Yes, I do think Dabo is a great recruiter and he surrounds himself with like minded coaches who also endear themselves to the players and parents. Most parents, also would not want their son to play for a cheater, unless they were given money but as previously stated I don’t think that’s the case. I’m fortunate in the sense that I have degrees from both schools, so follow both. I understand the resentment between fan bases, but just get tired of hearing the cheating angle with no hard evidence. It’s a conspiracy theory, and it effects posters credibility.

your list implied that they were some no name team historically that just came from nowhere to get to the top of the football world. when in actuality, that is not correct.

Sorry I did not intend it that way. I appreciate you pointing it out. Clemson went through a few years of mediocrity, my guess 1958 to 1979. Danny had a few good years then mediocrity again. I do not really think Clemson would be rated in the top 20 all time, but they are 15th in wins. Clemson played in real bush leagues through it all. That can account for some good, all time numbers. Through the years they would step out of conference and play SEC teams and also teams like Villanova which got them to their recruiting ground, of Penn and NJ. They were without a doubt the best team in the ACC, through the years. They were very good in the Southern conference too. How good were they? Take a look at their all time record against the SEC.

Clowney liked Ellis Johnson and Carolina more than Clemson, but more importantly Clemson was outbid (for once).

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Then I guess I’m a racist USC fan as well since I have a degree from there, too. I could care less if it riles you up. Your ignorance is none of my concern, but assuming that a black man with money had to have been given the money instead of earning it, is about as racist as anything I’ve heard. So if that’s your take too, then you’re probably a klansman.
Way to create your own reality. You assert that we are assuming that young man could not have earned that cash. You can’t make that assertion in a vacuum. You are failing to recognize the context: he is still in college, he has no time as a D1 athlete for a side job, he is flashing the money in a “music video” style, and most importantly: highly recruited college players are getting paid left and right. Your attempt to insert race into this discussion is pathetic. You are projecting your own biases on us.

Way to create your own reality. You assert that we are assuming that young man could not have earned that cash. You can’t make that assertion in a vacuum. You are failing to recognize the context: he is still in college, he has no time as a D1 athlete for a side job, he is flashing the money in a “music video” style, and most importantly: highly recruited college players are getting paid left and right. Your attempt to insert race into this discussion is pathetic. You are projecting your own biases on us.
You’re an idiot, but more to your point, if he’s a recruit, then he’s not a D1 athlete. Most high school players have cars. Where did the money to buy those come from. In fact the amount of Benjamins in his hand wouldn’t be enough to buy a crappy car. If here were a D1 athlete they get several thousand dollars in stipend every year, which once again is more than he’s holding. I clearly know the context better than yourself, so quit wasting my time when you obviously don’t know jack. If any part of your argument were true, you lost credibility with your assertions therefore your entire argument is worthless.

Clemson
Bama
Ohio St
Georgia
Oklahoma
NotreDame
LSU
Florida
Oregon
Washington

You lost me when your traditional winners included.
All time wins.
Colorado 39th
Wisconsin 34th
UNC 56th
Oregon 53rd
UCLA 40th
Those 5 teams are not even in the same REALM as the others on your list.

You lost me when your traditional winners included.
All time wins.
Colorado 39th
Wisconsin 34th
UNC 56th
Oregon 53rd
UCLA 40th
Those 5 teams are not even in the same REALM as the others on your list.

All time wins is not a real good way to judge. I’m sure Yale and Harvard look good there too. I do not disagree with you. I said before I did not make a good point. All of those above teams had a run where they lived in the top ten for a while. My point is, Clemson jumped over teams that have been tradition .

i'm not on here enough to know everyone well enough but looking at this person's history, they are a clemson troll, right? hiding under the veil of "i graduated from usc"? i know there are more, obviously, but related, i just figured out how to "ignore" on here and dang thats a gamechanger.

that said, a lot of you actual usc fans are having me think about that too...

Sorry if I misstated. Let me try again. Clemson was an ordinary team up until recently. OK maybe an above average, ordinary. They were never considered elite. Now they are. How did that happen? I am just asking that question. They were a top 20 team and somtimes made it to the top 15. Had a few top 10’s, was voted NC one year when they were nowhere near the best team. Then they went on probation for building that team.

They have recently jumped over teams like Michigan, Penn St, Texas, Florida, FSU, Miami, Auburn Miss. St, and I am sure I left several out. Those are very good football programs with lots of money. Those team spend a bunch on their coaches as well as assistants. They strive for excellence and many recruit the southeastern US.

As I have said, I respect Dabo and would consider him a coach that I would like my son to play for. He has done a very good job, but it is hard for me to think Clemson’s recent rise is all about him. I can also say that about most of the coaches in the SEC, certainly Will and Kirby and others.

Here we are, rocking along and Clemson becomes elite, over just a few years. Coincidentally, they started to Sign 5-star players, regularly. They are sitting here recruiting the exact same areas as Georgia,Auburn, Ga Tech, SC, Tennessee, UNC, NC St, Bama and others. Make no mistake, winning football is all about who has the best players. Bear Bryant said, when asked what was his formula for success; he said “ You have to have chicken to make chicken salad.” Good players make good teams. The best players make the best teams.

. By the way, I enjoy the discussion and respect your opinion.

Sorry if I misstated. Let me try again. Clemson was an ordinary team up until recently. OK maybe an above average, ordinary. They were never considered elite. Now they are. How did that happen? I am just asking that question. They were a top 20 team and somtimes made it to the top 15. Had a few top 10’s, was voted NC one year when they were nowhere near the best team. Then they went on probation for building that team.

They have recently jumped over teams like Michigan, Penn St, Texas, Florida, FSU, Miami, Auburn Miss. St, and I am sure I left several out. Those are very good football programs with lots of money. Those team spend a bunch on their coaches as well as assistants. They strive for excellence and many recruit the southeastern US.

As I have said, I respect Dabo and would consider him a coach that I would like my son to play for. He has done a very good job, but it is hard for me to think Clemson’s recent rise is all about him. I can also say that about most of the coaches in the SEC, certainly Will and Kirby and others.

Here we are, rocking along and Clemson becomes elite, over just a few years. Coincidentally, they started to Sign 5-star players, regularly. They are sitting here recruiting the exact same areas as Georgia,Auburn, Ga Tech, SC, Tennessee, UNC, NC St, Bama and others. Make no mistake, winning football is all about who has the best players. Bear Bryant said, when asked what was his formula for success; he said “ You have to have chicken to make chicken salad.” Good players make good teams. The best players make the best teams.

. By the way, I enjoy the discussion and respect your opinion.
Clem's record with Dumbo
2018 15 0
2017 12 2
2016 14 1
2015 14 1
2014 10 3
2013 11 2
2012 11 2
2011 10 4
2010 6 7
2009 9 5
2008 7 6

mauze1 made me think to look it up. Easy schedule, but we could make a rise like that too.

i'm not on here enough to know everyone well enough but looking at this person's history, they are a clemson troll, right? hiding under the veil of "i graduated from usc"? i know there are more, obviously, but related, i just figured out how to "ignore" on here and dang thats a gamechanger.

that said, a lot of you actual usc fans are having me think about that too...
Dude, I’m very proud of my Tigers, so would I claim to be a graduate of both schools unless I really am. Do you think I’m jumping on the Gamecock bandwagon? Oh wait, there isn’t one. “Troll” .......is that an original word you came up with? Oh yeah I forgot, it’s what many on here call anyone that says something they don’t agree with, and the same person that calls another school cheaters because they have nothing else. At least the word Tater is humorous. Maybe you should try using that one instead.

Reactions: FJRTiger
You’re an idiot, but more to your point, if he’s a recruit, then he’s not a D1 athlete. Most high school players have cars. Where did the money to buy those come from. In fact the amount of Benjamins in his hand wouldn’t be enough to buy a crappy car. If here were a D1 athlete they get several thousand dollars in stipend every year, which once again is more than he’s holding. I clearly know the context better than yourself, so quit wasting my time when you obviously don’t know jack. If any part of your argument were true, you lost credibility with your assertions therefore your entire argument is worthless.
Yeah the details I got wrong because I don’t follow meaningless stories. That doesn’t absolve you of your incorrect assertions about the reaction to the photo. Do you think Clemson players are being recruited without money? Pretty naive no? It’s not racist to assume the kid took money. It may be unfounded, but racist? I think not. The fact that you inserted that angle means you created that assumption yourself. It says something about your feelings on the matter.

Yeah the details I got wrong because I don’t follow meaningless stories. That doesn’t absolve you of your incorrect assertions about the reaction to the photo. Do you think Clemson players are being recruited without money? Pretty naive no? It’s not racist to assume the kid took money. It may be unfounded, but racist? I think not. The fact that you inserted that angle means you created that assumption yourself. It says something about your feelings on the matter.
If you had seen my previous post, I admitted that using the racist angle was just to make a point. It’s never wise to get involved in a conversation mid stream and then cast aspersions without knowing the facts on which you are making your assertions.

If you had seen my previous post, I admitted that using the racist angle was just to make a point. It’s never wise to get involved in a conversation mid stream and then cast aspersions without knowing the facts on which you are making your assertions.
Mid stream? I called you out for trolling with race bait a few posts after your original post. Go back one page and see for yourself.

Clemson spent many years in the southern conference and then the ACC. Then for many years their schedule was: open with PC ( every year) play The Citadel and end the year with your rivalry game; Furman. In between all that was Wake Forest, Duke, SC and Virginia. The ACC had one good team other than Clemson and it was Maryland. The Maryland coach move on the UNC and they became a good team. Clemson played GaTech almost every year in Atlanta. They usually lost. Occasionally, they would play another SEC school. Over the years Auburn was a favorite as well as Georgia. So while Clemson played some good teams it was usually one or two. If you want to know how good they really were, take a look at their record against the SEC schools. No, I don’t believe all time wins is a good stat for establishing a teams tradition.

I agree. I actually personally knew a HUGE Clemson supporter who used to brag about paying players. When he and his 1st wife divorced i think the possession they fought over the most was their RV parking space at games and the tickets in their box. This was about 25 years ago. He is dead now. I dont kno if he actually did pay players but he was a big time Clemson donor who was stupid enough to brag about when he got drunk.

In fact I also know the man you're talking about. His name was BC Inabinet. Died in the mid eighties on the operating table at Duke. They were attempting to staple his stomach and he suffered a massive heart attack. I knew the man personally. Shook his hand a few times. My bro in laws brother married his daughter. He used to openly brag of having the football and basketball team on his payroll. He personally bought the 1981 NC.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
In fact I also know the man you're talking about. His name was BC Inabinet. Died in the mid eighties on the operating table at Duke. They were attempting to staple his stomach and he suffered a massive heart attack. I knew the man personally. Shook his hand a few times. My bro in laws brother married his daughter. He used to openly brag of having the football and basketball team on his payroll. He personally bought the 1981 NC.

BC was only one of many. His, Defender Industries, has not gone away. They are well connected with state politics. Those supporters have multiplied twenty fold since BC died. Upstate has about five BC’s and twenty five BC juniors. They give Clemson RESOURCES mentioned on the FBI tape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT