ADVERTISEMENT

This is Frank Martin (Video)

I'd like to see the video too (wasn't able to watch the game). After listening to his comments I didn't find them to be bad at all.

Unfortunately, this is not unique behavior for FM. If you go to the games and watch him, it will usually happen at least once a game. You rarely, if ever, see him acknowledge a good play during the game. I have no issue with the "in your face" coaching and reprimanding, but the demeaning behavior of very public mocking applause and ridicule of these young men has no place on the court. Why not try a few pats on the back and affirming behavior, or some sincere applause for good play? If these guys are truly busting their butts to compete as he says, then why not try to motivate rather than belittle them? And no, this behavior is not warranted whether they are winning or losing.

Exactly he didn't threaten to kill him or anything but what other coach treats their players like that and what does he think it will accomplish? It is just embarrassing. And by the way that was just one example of the stupid crap he does. Everyone on here complains about his recruiting but blow this off like it doesn't play a part in getting the top named guys. No top recruit wants to be embarrassed like this on TV but he blames the media and fans for his lack of success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT