ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumor Erik Kimrey is in negotiation to join USC staff

I saw the fade in person. In the post-game interview Kimrey said he was on the sideline saying “Get up Phil ! Get up Phil !” after Petty was injured. He also said he decided to throw to the left as soon as he saw Smoot line up on the right. I have always enjoyed his candor and honesty.

I know all USC fans have the warm fuzzies for Kimrey bc of the fade against MSU. But is he qualified? Is he the best possible hire?

Why would he even consider leaving a great job at a great school to come to Carolina and work for Muschamp with all the "fans" screaming to fire Muschamp? He's got a plush job where he is.
$$$$$$$

Muschamp can probably quadruple his salary. Even if it's only for one year, I'm sure Hammond will keep him in their hearts for awhile. (Ode to Warren Zevon.)

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
Uh Duh! Did it ever occur to you he might possess a wealth of football knowledge? He might be a great HBC in the making. They all had to start somewhere

Someone else noted that these moves probably already have been known internally for weeks. I wonder if that is likewise true on the possible Kimrey move itself and part of the reason why the Burch signing had moving parts to it?

Reactions: 92Pony
Why would he even consider leaving a great job at a great school to come to Carolina and work for Muschamp with all the "fans" screaming to fire Muschamp? He's got a plush job where he is.
Maybe there is hope for the interim tag.

Fans have gotten ticked about lazy hires in the past. This would be the epitome of a lazy hire. Lives close. Played here.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Kimrey is an experienced coach at the HS and college level, he is young and aggressive and smart... We could do a lot worse. He has been doing well as a HS head coach and likes to take chances- might be a good influence. He certainly could not do much worse coaching WRs than Bmac did, I think he cuild be quite an upgrade. Beyond that- recruiting... You think he might have some connections in local Highschools? He has been involved in football in and around SC his whole life. Wasn’t his Dad a coach too? I don’t think this has anything to do with being lazy or hiring a former player... This is a smart move on a lot of levels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT