ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumor Erik Kimrey is in negotiation to join USC staff

Well I think he would have to take an off-field (non-coaching) spot:

”In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.”

NCAA Bylaw 11.4 (https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/proposalView?id=100331)

”In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.”

the way i read that he must not be an off field position or S&C coach...

Kimrey has been the best addition to 1075 The Game. My favorite person to listen to out of all of the personalities. Would love to have him on the staff in some form.

That certainly speaks volumes to his experience and qualifications.

Isn't this where someone chimes in with ... "And he Loves Carolina and his players Love him."?

Last edited:

Actually that says the hire cannot be an "off field" or S&C spot.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
If you’ve ever listened to Kimrey you know the man knows his stuff at a level no one here does, and is completely at home dissecting the nuances of the game AND of the player with individuals that DO have plenty of the “experience” at a P5 level being coveted on here. Excellent hire for WR coach imo; good move.

Why would he even consider leaving a great job at a great school to come to Carolina and work for Muschamp with all the "fans" screaming to fire Muschamp? He's got a plush job where he is.
Why dont u go join the Clemson fan group.....

If you’ve ever listened to Kimrey you know the man knows his stuff at a level no one here does, and is completely at home dissecting the nuances of the game AND of the player with individuals that DO have plenty of the “experience” at a P5 level being coveted on here. Excellent hire for WR coach imo; good move.

None of that qualifies him to coach WRs.

Wrong.

His knowledge of the overall game, technical aspects, fundamentals, strategies, and player psyches I believe supersedes and trumps any “experience” someone like Dabo Swinney or Jeff Scott had at the same stage of their career simply because they had “played wide receiver.” I guess you think we should be entitled to the 49s receivers coach.

Reactions: carolinamyke

JD, all of this nonsense is just fodder for the pumpers. We must suffer 1 more dreadful season to appease the blind souls who just cannot bring themselves to admit what everyone else already knows: Champ can't coach. End of this season, a full house cleaning is in order starting with Ray Ray.

Reactions: Carolina Cocktail
JD, all of this nonsense is just fodder for the pumpers. We must suffer 1 more dreadful season to appease the blind souls who just cannot bring themselves to admit what everyone else already knows: Champ can't coach. End of this season, a full house cleaning is in order starting with Ray Ray.
The Great Prognosticator is at it again.... Listen to this guy and do the exact opposite and you will be golden. He's 0 for 632 predicting anything Gamecock related..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT