ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants to live in big cities?

I travel atleast once a year to Austin and Seattle. But as I said I like bedroom communties...so for me, I would prefer Leander TX (Austin) and Renton WA (Seattle). The commute in Seattle is AWFUL i know, but you can take the rail.

I live 20 minutes to Johnson City and 35 mintues to Asheville and I would not trade my little mountain town for the world.

Bedroom Communities are the way to go...

I am now starting to think about a 2nd home and I'm thinking of Gulfport FL (St Petersburg FL).

I’m actually moving from Spartanburg to the metropolis of Pacolet. I have to believe people will be moving away from larger cities in waves now.

I would love to live near a big city. A good friend of mine lives in Denver, Co. I've visited him a couple of times and really enjoyed Denver.

With this new wave of working from home...employers are going to see it's more cost efficient to let folks work from home.

I think you might see more people moving back to the country for the peace and quite. City life is not all that it's cracked up to be...I prefer bedroom communities near larger cities.

With Amazon, I order things and have them sent overnite...The only stores I shop in anymore is WalMart and Dollar Tree...

I hate traffic more and more, the older I get...

You live in a great city like Erwin and near another great city, Johnson City. Life can't get much better than that.

I am liberal for this board, and I finally had to look up who George Soros was. The guy's name gets thrown around so often, but I have no idea what he does. I only know about him from neurotic people on Facebook, but he sounds like quite a job creator.
Must be why unemployment was so low.

He’s quite the boogeyman apparently. I’ve seen multiple people indicate he developed COVID as well.

For two weeks, all we've seen is those Lake of the Ozarks photos/videos, along with accusations against red states, etc. The implication was the conservatives would doom planet earth to the mystery virus that (according to them) ravages the population. (Average death age from COVID-19 is actually beyond the average age human beings perish.)

ozarkscollage.jpg

Now, as thousands pack shoulder-to-shoulder in protests/riots/looting in cities all across the USA, and not a mention about the spread of the virus. Instead, Trump is somehow responsible for a decidedly POS policeman employed by a liberal city, residing in a liberal state.

859cae2d-f3d8-4b22-957f-94dce92642c8_1920x1080.jpg

Guy in Salt Lake City pulls out a bow to try to shoot at protestors. People knock it away, beat him up, turn his car over and burn it.

I am liberal for this board, and I finally had to look up who George Soros was. The guy's name gets thrown around so often, but I have no idea what he does. I only know about him from neurotic people on Facebook, but he sounds like quite a job creator.

He is your kind of guy. You would be proud of him if you knew the billions he spends on antifa groups, left wing communist groups, etc.

But,Lott is correct.
I lot of these “protesters” are brought in and paid.
Yes. They wanted to come into Charleston in 2015 and we told them they weren't welcome. That their type of protest was not what we were about.
This time they didn't announce their intentions ahead of time. I guess you could say they "learned" from the last time.

Well he was out there like a big dummy saying the rioters weren’t from the area. He’s no different than anyone else. He’s up for re-election he’s not about to come out as a law and order guy.

Columbia has more than its share of home grown idiots. Plenty to populate a lawless riot. No need to bus anyone in.

Left Charlotte in 2014, have not missed it a moment. Lexington for now,
Gilbert, Leesville or Mt Pleasant likely up next.
Key West remains on the Radar
Long shot late entry Santa Rosa Beach FL

I live near Gilbert. Love it. If it continues to grow too fast, Leesville is next one up - love that little town.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
It's funny how such a simply question can turn political. Wow...in any event I lived in Tampa and loved it. But still Greenville is the best city to raise children.

I grew up in a very small town. Corrupt as all heck too. Lots of small towns are, and always have been. No different than large cities, just a tighter circle.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
he looted Jewish bodies and properties for the nazis.

You do know that this rumor was started by that bastion of factual integrity Rosanne Barr. ( and of course has no basis in reality).

I have no desire to get involved in a thread that has turned political and will soon get locked/deleted, but some of these conspiracies theories some are willing to subscribe to
indicates intellectual laziness.

DANG. Just saw where TUcker carlson said “no one has more contempt for Trump voters than Jared Kushner, the President’s son in law”

Oh man.

You do know that this rumor was started by that bastion of factual integrity Rosanne Barr. ( and of course has no basis in reality).

I have no desire to get involved in a thread that has turned political and will soon get locked/deleted, but some of these conspiracies theories some are willing to subscribe to
indicates intellectual laziness.
While I absolutely agree with the overall sentiment I thought it was Glenn Beck that actually started that.

Won’t happen. Young people want action. I live an hour from Houston. It’s where everyone goes for nightlife and just getting away.
I know people who have taken jobs in Charlotte for less money than they were making here just to live in Charlotte. I’ve tried to talk to them about cost of living but the lure of living in the city is just too much. They all talked about the concerts, being able to walk to places and the restaurants. One of them I still keep in contact with is working three jobs and has two roommates but he’s walking distance to BoA stadium so he’s happier than ever.

I know people who have taken jobs in Charlotte for less money than they were making here just to live in Charlotte. I’ve tried to talk to them about cost of living but the lure of living in the city is just too much. They all talked about the concerts, being able to walk to places and the restaurants. One of them I still keep in contact with is working three jobs and has two roommates but he’s walking distance to BoA stadium so he’s happier than ever.
My nephew just moved from Charlotte. He loved being within five minutes of anything. The one question I asked him but never got an answer was how many more high end events could he have gone to had he lived twenty minutes from uptown and paid half as much for rent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT