ADVERTISEMENT

Why are all of you on here Calling for Jake Bently ?

Roller dude 123 has disappeared Guess he sees now why I disagreed with him. Just made zero sense not to play Bentley. For present and future.

This Kid is Red Shirted. There is no point in playing him this season. We all have to remember the mess spurrier and his crew left us in when they decided to stop recruiting three years ago. Meaning we are gonna take a lot of lumps and its going to be a while before we are competitive again. Also can you please give it a rest about Kurt Roper. The scheme and calls are all right. You need to get out your SABAN quotes on this one. It isnt talent nor ability that makes an offense great . It is the execution with witch they play . Our Kids are not executing the offense . I believe with time they will. I believe in Kurt Roper . We dont need the ney say crew on this site . We need some all in types who believe in BOOM and what it is we are trying to accomplish this year. Trust me when I say it sucks big ones to have to return to the bottom of the sec and take your knocks again after doing it for so long , It hurts and its shameful when CU is doing so well, That being said , I still believe we are going in the right direction with the staff we have now.

Glad Muschamp decided to play Bentley...end of story.

I'm not calling for him to play.

I think this is the dumbest move I've seen at USC in 10 or so years- and that's saying a lot.
USC needs to make a few more of these dumb moves........Best decision in the history of the school to pull the redshirt off of Bentley. We are all 100% more excited about 2017 than we were 3 weeks ago.....Boom out go the lights!

Reactions: 8590Grad
Where did all the great thinkers go? Don't have the manhood to admit they were wrong.
If JB has a bad game against UF, they'll be back.

This weekend will tell us a lot more about Bentley. UMASS was the perfect way to ease him in. UT and Mizzoi were good next steps. Saturday the progression continues. On the road against a very good D...... We shall see! Go Cocks!!!

If JB has a bad game against UF, they'll be back.

This weekend will tell us a lot more about Bentley. UMASS was the perfect way to ease him in. UT and Mizzoi were good next steps. Saturday the progression continues. On the road against a very good D...... We shall see! Go Cocks!!!

I think you're right, but it'll also tell us about other folks as well. Jake has made some pretty good 50-50 throws, which our guys have gotten. They'll see more athletic coverage as well, so it's not all on Jake.

Reactions: 92Pony
I wasn't wrong. I said it would be foolish to pull his red shirt if the reason is because the other guys were stinking it up. If he wasn't ready then throwing him to the wolves is of no benefit to anyone. As it turns out the reasoning was far more sound. He was ready, but most of the people calling for him at this time didn't know that. Their reasoning was mostly "things can't really be worse. . . " too many armchair quarterbacks and Monday morning coaches here.

Reactions: roosterbell
I wasn't wrong. I said it would be foolish to pull his red shirt if the reason is because the other guys were stinking it up. If he wasn't ready then throwing him to the wolves is of no benefit to anyone. As it turns out the reasoning was far more sound. He was ready, but most of the people calling for him at this time didn't know that. Their reasoning was mostly "things can't really be worse. . . " too many armchair quarterbacks and Monday morning coaches here.

I can't find that post on this thread. Where is it.

That might be a stretch. I don't think "most" said put him in even if he's not ready.

Bentley is a stud, excited he is our QB and will be here for a long time!
My frustration was always- why wait til game 7 to do it? We wasted 1/8th of his college career by doing that! (Maybe 1/6th if he goes pro early..)

If he is THIS MUCH BETTER (and and he is, clearly!!) then all the other guys , he was better week 6, week 5, WEEK 1!!! THAT is the mistake in all of this. We could have only one or two losses instead of 4 at this point in the season and have the SEC EAST LOCKED DOWN. Instead we are hoping for some insanely unlikely scenario where we get to go to Atlanta with a 4-4 SEC record after being the tallest midget from a 6 way tie. It is the "what could have been" that bugs me, NOT the fact he is playing...

"He wasn't ready"- oh, but BMAC WAS READY? BS. Poor evaluation, or... cold feet, or... Some promise was made to BMAC maybe?? I don't know.... Just wish he had been the QB for us much earlier.

I think the "I told you so's" are still a little premature. Clemson and UF can make any QB in the country look bad on their day.

I was against pulling the redshirt but have come full circle and think it was a great move by muschamp. That being said I'd like to see how the rest of the season plays out.

those who called for it months ago have every right to crow but he's got his work cut out for him over the next couple weeks.

Bentley is a stud, excited he is our QB and will be here for a long time!
My frustration was always- why wait til game 7 to do it? We wasted 1/8th of his college career by doing that! (Maybe 1/6th if he goes pro early..)

If he is THIS MUCH BETTER (and and he is, clearly!!) then all the other guys , he was better week 6, week 5, WEEK 1!!! THAT is the mistake in all of this. We could have only one or two losses instead of 4 at this point in the season and have the SEC EAST LOCKED DOWN. Instead we are hoping for some insanely unlikely scenario where we get to go to Atlanta with a 4-4 SEC record after being the tallest midget from a 6 way tie. It is the "what could have been" that bugs me, NOT the fact he is playing...

"He wasn't ready"- oh, but BMAC WAS READY? BS. Poor evaluation, or... cold feet, or... Some promise was made to BMAC maybe?? I don't know.... Just wish he had been the QB for us much earlier.
Great recruiters keep their word..very easy to get a bad reputation especially with social media. BMac had to get an opportunity and it also gave Bentley time to learn the playbook..no need to rush.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT