ADVERTISEMENT

BMAc and Dillman fired

Paragraphs are my friend
Look, we are currently 17th in the country in athletic revenue. We brought in over $140mil just last year. We have some of the best facilities in the country. We've recruiting top 20 classes for the last 20 years. We never had those resources before. We do not have to settle anymore. It's time to get serious and quit using tigernet lines about history from 100 years ago to defend sucking.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Wow, Muschamp apologist much? I understand the context of what he has done, he has now lost more games over a 4 year period than anyone before him. He is an arrogant ass that is clueless about being a head coach.
I am not an apologist, not even a little bit. I am just trying to get some of you to understand why he is not going to be fired. I know it is a futile task at this point as everyone is completely out for blood. But, after his second season we were on a trend of showing a dramatic improvement from a 9 LOSS team to a 9 WIN team in just two seasons, followed that up with another bowl season last year (disappointing though it still was)... and here we sit- basically one bad season and everyone wants him gone. It is irrational to expect a change right now. We can all complain and be upset but what we need is a long term solution and knee jerk “fire everyone” reactions after one bad season do not lend themselves to the mindset of allowing someone enough time to turn the tide of our historically below mediocre program. I was never a fan of this hire from day one and I am sure you could dig old threads of me bashing this hire when it happened and even older ones talking trash about Boom when he was at UF... I wish he would be fired and we’d hire some sure fire big name success who can turn us around immediately, but this our bed and we have to lie in it right now. Emotion aside, if you look at the situation it is very hard to warrant firing this man today. We can opine about how we wish he never had been hired but he was and coming off the three year stretch he had, beating UGA this year, the obvious excuse he can fall back on of all the injuries they had to deal with... They just are not going to fire him now unless he goes loose cannon and does something stupid behind closed doors. (Fingers crossed)

More incompetence. Guy needs to save his job so he decides to promote from within. Unreal.
The guy is just plain dumb and hasn't changed one damn thing since thr Akron and UVA games last year and if he stays we might win 10 games in his 9th year but thats about it. He lost more games in his 4th season than the last 4 coaches before him, even Brad Scott.

Look, we are currently 17th in the country in athletic revenue. We brought in over $140mil just last year. We have some of the best facilities in the country. We've recruiting top 20 classes for the last 20 years. We never had those resources before. We do not have to settle anymore. It's time to get serious and quit using tigernet lines about history from 100 years ago to defend sucking.
Repeat the same thing some more- I am sorry if my posts are too long for your attention span. Does not matter what you or I think and I am not defending anything. If you actually read what I wrote and were able to comprehend it, you might realize I am not a Muschamp fan but I have enough experience under my belt to know why we cannot fire him today. I leave it to you to figure that out for yourself and come to grips with it in whatever way you need to.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I posted this two weeks ago that Will is being told he has to replace several coaches starting with the OC at the end of this year. That is still true. The idea is that Will becomes more of a manager with good coordinators under him. The parents of players like Will a lot bc he is honest with them. From what I’ve heard the only real knock on him from the players and parents is the Sunday practices which is bizarre. also, our practices are more physical than most. I think this leads to injuries as much as anything. The question is whether will goes along with all of this.

Repeat the same thing some more- I am sorry if my posts are too long for your attention span. Does not matter what you or I think and I am not defending anything. If you actually read what I wrote and were able to comprehend it, you might realize I am not a Muschamp fan but I have enough experience under my belt to know why we cannot fire him today. I leave it to you to figure that out for yourself and come to grips with it in whatever way you need to.
Your line of thinking only protracts mediocrity. Now or never.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
I'll repeat until you offer a cogent argument. Again, history from 30 years and more ago doesn't change our top 20 status in revenue, our top line facilities, and our top 20 recruiting. NOTHING in your diatribe addressed that. The loser mentality of "we can't do it" even though recent history shows we can with hires like Spurrier, Holtz, etc has to be called out. I will continue to do it. Sick of Old Carolina. It's time to get the most out of our resources and stop making excuses for losing based on ancient history. Don't like it? Get a better argument.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I am not an apologist, not even a little bit. I am just trying to get some of you to understand why he is not going to be fired. I know it is a futile task at this point as everyone is completely out for blood. But, after his second season we were on a trend of showing a dramatic improvement from a 9 LOSS team to a 9 WIN team in just two seasons, followed that up with another bowl season last year (disappointing though it still was)... and here we sit- basically one bad season and everyone wants him gone. It is irrational to expect a change right now. We can all complain and be upset but what we need is a long term solution and knee jerk “fire everyone” reactions after one bad season do not lend themselves to the mindset of allowing someone enough time to turn the tide of our historically below mediocre program. I was never a fan of this hire from day one and I am sure you could dig old threads of me bashing this hire when it happened and even older ones talking trash about Boom when he was at UF... I wish he would be fired and we’d hire some sure fire big name success who can turn us around immediately, but this our bed and we have to lie in it right now. Emotion aside, if you look at the situation it is very hard to warrant firing this man today. We can opine about how we wish he never had been hired but he was and coming off the three year stretch he had, beating UGA this year, the obvious excuse he can fall back on of all the injuries they had to deal with... They just are not going to fire him now unless he goes loose cannon and does something stupid behind closed doors. (Fingers crossed)
The problem is you’re asking people to be happy with being bad because we don’t deserve success based on history. You’re also asking to give the coach a pass because of what he did with the previous staffs players versus what he’s done with his own. On top of that the injury thing is likely to be every year. Last year it was defense, this year it was offense but in the end there is no ability to adjust.

The problem is you’re asking people to be happy with being bad because we don’t deserve success based on history. You’re also asking to give the coach a pass because of what he did with the previous staffs players versus what he’s done with his own. On top of that the injury thing is likely to be every year. Last year it was defense, this year it was offense but in the end there is no ability to adjust.
Remember JBJ going to down against Mississippi State?

What happened to "Win Anyway" Ray? Pathetic.

People keep saying this in this thread. I agree, that would be ideal... but I think it has been talked about a great deal- WHO? What “proven OC” who is successful and not some washed up fired has been desperate for a job (or someone already on staff desperate to KEEP their job) would accept our OC role right now with a HC who is a dead man walking, a fan base on the verge of revolt and a board and new president who can’t seem to agree on anything? The answer is NOBODY. We have almost zero chance of hiring an alluring candidate from outside right at this moment.
I don’t know but Dabo found one in a high school in Texas. I mean I don’t expect Will to be as smart as Dabo but... Will ever even looked outside this state?

The 9 win season was smoke and mirrors as someone else pointed out.... We didn't beat anyone who had a pulse. And we looked bad doing it

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
He doesn't want anyone smarter than him. And a good offense would make his defense look bad in practice. Muschamp can only succeed in tightly controlled conditions.
Succeed?? When has he succeeded??? If that's even a word.... succeeded... Sounds weird

There are about 18 million reasons why he is not being fired. That and we had three consecutive winning seasons prior to this one that he built off of a 3 win team he inherited. The fans are mad, they don’t want to hear that crap but he DID do well enough the first three years here to be afforded a pass after one bad season. Bama, UGA, LSU... Would not stand for this but we are not them. Like it or not, historically we are a bad football team and the people making these decisions- while they want to win- understand the context of what he has done compared to our history and one bad year every 4 years or so, is on par with historical performance- quit good compared to most of our history past the last 10-15 years actually.
1 bad season..... 6 wins is not good.... 7 is avg..... The 9 win season...we beat no one with a good record...just saying.

Another thread pissed away ...

1) Tanner is not leaving or retiring this year. He may next year.
2) Muschamp will be our football coach in 2020.
3) Muschamp will replace BMac and one or two assistant coaches will be hired by the new OC. It hasn't happened yet because he usually gives them an opportunity to find another job.
4) Neither Tanner nor Caslen have the authority to fire anyone with a contract unless they have been authorized by the BOT.

I want Tanner and Muschamp gone, but it isn't going to happen this year. It is simply the cold hard truth. Time to face it and move on.

1 bad season..... 6 wins is not good.... 7 is avg..... The 9 win season...we beat no one with a good record...just saying.
You are right don't get me wrong but at least we beat 9 out of the 13 teams we played.

Thats a start would've been overjoyed with that record this year.Champ must go

Reactions: Expro19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT