ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen would have to sit out next year at a minimum .

He sat out this last season. Seems like the NCAA just forced him to go pro so they don’t have to deal with the situation anymore.

Can't complain too much. They gave him the same punishment as Auburn's Austin Wiley for the same set of circumstances. Hate it for the kid and his family, but they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Reactions: vehemon
He sat out this last season. Seems like the NCAA just forced him to go pro so they don’t have to deal with the situation anymore.

Sat out last year because he transferred.

I wonder if he would have stayed if they had given a definitive answer on how long he would be ineligible.

Sat out last year because he transferred.

I wonder if he would have stayed if they had given a definitive answer on how long he would be ineligible.
That’s probably the most frustrating part. The NCAA didn’t even make a ruling on this case, they just said he has to sit out another season and then maybe more after that. That’s some horse shit if I’ve ever seen it.

Also waiting until 7 hours before the deadline to give this vague “ruling” is so dumb. They could’ve said this last year.

That’s probably the most frustrating part. The NCAA didn’t even make a ruling on this case, they just said he has to sit out another season and then maybe more after that. That’s some horse shit if I’ve ever seen it.

Also waiting until 7 hours before the deadline to give this vague “ruling” is so dumb. They could’ve said this last year.

I guess I look at it differently. I see it as they weren't finished with their decision but they went ahead and let Tanner know it will be a year, at least. Gave the kid a chance to make a decision about the draft.

Can't complain too much. They gave him the same punishment as Auburn's Austin Wiley for the same set of circumstances. Hate it for the kid and his family, but they can't blame anyone but themselves.
I blame the Dad for taking the money, and I blame the NCAA for playing with the kid and his future.

Glad Bowen was able to practice with the team. Good luck to him. Newton's situation was different for two reasons. Not technically caught and he finished at the school he started with. If NCAA treated Bowen the same as Newton, he would be playing for Louisville.

Wasn't there a certain deposit into the Dad's church of about 250k of no direct explanation? That's a pretty good trail.

I could be wrong but there was no proof of deposit or any payment for that matter, just speculation.
I do know the NCAA changed their rules to include parents, as agents, because of Scam.

The ruling of "must sit out a year, maybe longer" sounds like "go away, son, you're bothering me.

Wish they would have made a definitive ruling. Doesn't have a professional ring to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT