ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina ranked 16th is a

That was last year!

And? They have 20 of 22 starters back from “last year” and are currently 3-0. Therefore, they are ranked. Just an all around dumb post. You’re suggesting that if you ever have a lackluster game, you don’t deserve to be ranked? You realize Climpsun lost to Pitt the same year they won a national championship, right? Did they deserve to be ranked? How about an 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Kentucky team or another 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Tennessee team. Did those teams deserve to be ranked?

And? They have 20 of 22 starters back from “last year” and are currently 3-0. Therefore, they are ranked. Just an all around dumb post. You’re suggesting that if you ever have a lackluster game, you don’t deserve to be ranked? You realize Climpsun lost to Pitt the same year they won a national championship, right? Did they deserve to be ranked? How about an 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Kentucky team or another 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Tennessee team. Did those teams deserve to be ranked?
Since you cant think of a username how about CCU apologist.

no, how about me just responding to a dumb post? I think it speaks to how low our program has fallen that our fans have to boohoo the success of an in-state G5 program. Pretty pathetic actually.
Its a great post. They are overrated and anybody that has a modicum of intelligence knows that they are not the 16th best team in the country. They have to include the mid majors in the rankings out of fairness but thats it. I can name 40 teams that would beat their brains out.

And? They have 20 of 22 starters back from “last year” and are currently 3-0. Therefore, they are ranked. Just an all around dumb post. You’re suggesting that if you ever have a lackluster game, you don’t deserve to be ranked? You realize Climpsun lost to Pitt the same year they won a national championship, right? Did they deserve to be ranked? How about an 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Kentucky team or another 11-2 Carolina team losing to a shitty Tennessee team. Did those teams deserve
Maybe your username should be “I know nothing about football”
. Especially if you think CC is the 16th best team in the country.

lmao. Ok, let’s see how we do against Georgia. Because I haven’t seen anything out of Carolina in 4 years to indicate they would be within 14 pts of Coastal.
O UGA???? What's UGA got to do with anything. Unless you dumb enough to think little ccu is just as good as UGA? I know you got your Hope's up, we will get beat bad tonight. LOL

lmao. Ok, let’s see how we do against Georgia. Because I haven’t seen anything out of Carolina in 4 years to indicate they would be within 14 pts of Coastal.
lol. Georgia has nothing to do with CCU, nice bait and switch. I bet you thought you would beat Buffalo College by 14 also. CCU would get beat by 3 Tds against Carolina

Reactions: TAV31
Ok. And change yours to Pathetic since you’re jealous of an instate G5 program that just started playing in the FBS in 2016.
Dude this had nothing to do with Carolina - All I said was that they were overrated- and by the looks of this weeks game Clemson and Ohio St are in the same boat as Coastal … take a chill pill or spend your time on Coastal’s message board instead of here.

When we lost to Kentucky we were 9-5 that year. I get your point though.

I don’t have to go on any tater forum to know that they don’t waste one single post worrying about whether or not CCU should be ranked. The fact that our fans had to start 2 threads on it TODAY is pathetic and again, speaks to how far we’ve fallen. Or maybe it speaks to how little, pathetic, and bitter our fanbase has become.

Dude this had nothing to do with Carolina - All I said was that they were overrated- and by the looks of this weeks game Clemson and Ohio St are in the same boat as Coastal … take a chill pill or spend your time on Coastal’s message board instead of here.

couple points:

(1) this absolutely has to do with Carolina. It’s a mixture of jealousy of the success and recognition they’ve had over the past year and even more so, an attempted knock at Chadwell to try to make yourself feel better about Beamer.

(2) why do I need to “take a chill pill or spend your time on Coastal’s message board instead of here”?? Hell, YOU started this thread. I’ve never once started a thread about Coastal on this board. So if you post something OT and I don’t agree at all, I shouldn’t say anything? Maybe if you think they’re so overrated, maybe it’s YOU who needs to go post on their message board. Hell, I don’t even know of a Coastal message board. I assume they have one, no idea what it is. I just think a fan of an SEC team trying to belittle the success of a G5 team is pathetic, that’s all

couple points:

(1) this absolutely has to do with Carolina. It’s a mixture of jealousy of the success and recognition they’ve had over the past year and even more so, an attempted knock at Chadwell to try to make yourself feel better about Beamer.

(2) why do I need to “take a chill pill or spend your time on Coastal’s message board instead of here”?? Hell, YOU started this thread. I’ve never once started a thread about Coastal on this board. So if you post something OT and I don’t agree at all, I shouldn’t say anything? Maybe if you think they’re so overrated, maybe it’s YOU who needs to go post on their message board. Hell, I don’t even know of a Coastal message board. I assume they have one, no idea what it is. I just think a fan of an SEC team trying to belittle the success of a G5 team is pathetic, that’s all
I'd wager the problem came when you posted a patronizing response and insinuated you were somehow smarter.

I'd wager the problem came when you posted a patronizing response and insinuated you were somehow smarter.

no, the problem came due to the total lack of understanding of why Coastal is ranked where they are. They aren’t ranked #16 based in any way, shape, or form on how they’d fare against Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or anybody else. They are ranked #16 because they returned 20 starters from a team that went 11-1 with wins over 3 ranked teams and are currently sitting at 3-0. They played lackluster for ONE game, so maybe they’ll drop. But if so, it’s worth pointing out that the #3 team in the country has looked like absolute shit against both Tulane and Nebraska. So where’s the thread on Oklahoma? There’s not one because it’s not how they, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc look, but rather because some Carolina fans are so insecure and petty that they’re actually threatened by a G5 program that just became FBS 5 years ago. Don’t blame Coastal because Carolina isn’t where they should be…blame the leadership at Carolina for making one failure move after another and putting us in the shape we’re in.

no, the problem came due to the total lack of understanding of why Coastal is ranked where they are. They aren’t ranked #16 based in any way, shape, or form on how they’d fare against Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or anybody else. They are ranked #16 because they returned 20 starters from a team that went 11-1 with wins over 3 ranked teams and are currently sitting at 3-0. They played lackluster for ONE game, so maybe they’ll drop. But if so, it’s worth pointing out that the #3 team in the country has looked like absolute shit against both Tulane and Nebraska. So where’s the thread on Oklahoma? There’s not one because it’s not how they, Oklahoma, Clemson, etc look, but rather because some Carolina fans are so insecure and petty that they’re actually threatened by a G5 program that just became FBS 5 years ago. Don’t blame Coastal because Carolina isn’t where they should be…blame the leadership at Carolina for making one failure move after another and putting us in the shape we’re in.
Whooosh

I don’t have to go on any tater forum to know that they don’t waste one single post worrying about whether or not CCU should be ranked. The fact that our fans had to start 2 threads on it TODAY is pathetic and again, speaks to how far we’ve fallen. Or maybe it speaks to how little, pathetic, and bitter our fanbase has become.
You do know this stems from Barstool Sports CCU twitter talking shit about Carolina right? If the same happened to Clemson or any other team they would fire back and rightly so. You sure are protective of those little buggers, you should change allegiances so you could feel all warm and fuzzy with a win over Buffalo, Georgia State, etc....

You are all over it. Couldn't agree more. I don't give a sh!t about Chadwell or CCU...but our fanbase's dismissal of reality and direction we have been on, and continue to point toward is worrisome.

I could make the argument that if you don't play in the SEC - you can't really compare or fairly equate schedules in college football. I will take an ACC B10, P10, B12 (I know they're called something else now) schedule any day of the week for Carolina to play. We would win more games. But, that doesn't mean everyone in those conferences suck either. Some teams are just good. CCU has been good last year and this year. Good for them. We need to address our problems b/c we play in the toughest conference (by far) in the land, and it isn't getting any easier.
The last 6-7 years we keep bringing sparklers to a dynamite fight...in the "front office", on the sidelines and on the field.

You are all over it. Couldn't agree more. I don't give a sh!t about Chadwell or CCU...but our fanbase's dismissal of reality and direction we have been on, and continue to point toward is worrisome.

I could make the argument that if you don't play in the SEC - you can't really compare or fairly equate schedules in college football. I will take an ACC B10, P10, B12 (I know they're called something else now) schedule any day of the week for Carolina to play. We would win more games. But, that doesn't mean everyone in those conferences suck either. Some teams are just good. CCU has been good last year and this year. Good for them. We need to address our problems b/c we play in the toughest conference (by far) in the land, and it isn't getting any easier.
The last 6-7 years we keep bringing sparklers to a dynamite fight...in the "front office", on the sidelines and on the field.

yeah. I’m from Conway and work at Coastal. I know probably half the coaches and 8-10 of their players and have been at every home game over the past decade, as well as their games in Columbia. So yeah, I’m glad of their success. All that said, I’d trade it all for Carolina to be having the success and would be attending more Carolina games if it wasn’t 2.5 hrs away.

but over the years, I’ve seen many posters pull for Carolina/Citadel, or Carolina/Wofford, or Carolina/Chas Southern, or whoever. It’s never been an issue until one of those small schools start having success, then the pettiness and bitterness comes out. The way I look at it, the powers that be at Carolina have spent close to a decade making one atrocious decision after another. That’s not Coastal’s fault.

I just think the bitterness is pathetic. No, I doubt very much that Coastal would stand a chance vs Alabama or Clemson, or Oklahoma or whoever. That still doesn’t mean they haven’t earned their rank. Their 14 out of their last 15 with wins over 3 ranked teams. Kids that bust their asses and stay out of trouble for G5 teams deserve recognition just like those that play at P5 schools, and I think it says a lot more about OUR fanbase than it does about Coastal for our fans to act this petty over their success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT