ADVERTISEMENT

If you want to know why these viruses originate from crap hole countries

Reactions: cockofdawn
Except for fact that H1N1, or "swine flu", actually originated in Mexico. Couple of sources below......

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160627160935.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4957980/

Well, you beat me to it. I was trying to get him to identify which one he was talking about.

Some attribute the 1918 flu to an outbreak in Kansas, but China and France have also been speculated. Nobody actually knows. We're far too removed from it to do any epidemiological investigation.

Have you never been to a “market” in Louisiana or Florida in some backwoods town?
I have. Not a dime’s worth of difference.
False. Lived in the Phillippines for three years; I'm sure Wuhan is the same.

There is most definitely a dime's worth of difference between those and open markets over here.

Reactions: 1vagamecock
Kinda funny, the last flu epidemic originated in?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_influenza

Yep the US, so are we also a shit hole country?
The swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus that appeared in 2009 and was first found in human beings in Mexico, is a reassortant with at least three parents. Six of the genes are closest in sequence to those of H1N2 'triple-reassortant' influenza viruses isolated from pigs in North America around 1999-2000.Nov 24, 2009

'swine-origin' influenza A virus (H1N1) - Virology Journal

False. Lived in the Phillippines for three years; I'm sure Wuhan is the same.

There is most definitely a dime's worth of difference between those and open markets over here.

Yep. Lived in Japan for a couple years and traveled a good bit...Philippines, S. Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc. Even the nice outdoor meat/food markets there would turn the stomachs of most people. We just don't buy our meat like that (warm meat as they call it). It's grossly unsanitary and would NEVER pass inspections here in the US. lol, it's comical to even think about.

I mean, seriously, the market shown in the video had cages of dogs, with a couple dogs with their throats slit lying on top of the cages and bleeding out. And a guy standing there barefoot in the pool of blood. lol, "not a dime's worth of difference" between markets here. Simply moronic and small-minded.

Including the Wikipedia link he posted to start with.

I was baffled by that link to Wiki. Especially given the posed question and answer of "epidemic originated in?", then answered with "Yep the US". Doesn't make much sense to me. Just wanted to dispell the "Yep the US" of H1N1 origination part of that comment.

Everyone stay safe, no matter where this leads.

I mean, seriously, the market shown in the video had cages of dogs, with a couple dogs with their throats slit lying on top of the cages and bleeding out. And a guy standing there barefoot in the pool of blood. lol, "not a dime's worth of difference" between markets here. Simply moronic and small-minded.

I wish it wasn’t true. But it does occur

From a USA Today article Sept 13, 2018

“there is a small underground market for dog and cat meat in the United States.”

There are some strange people in the good ole USA as well.

I wish it wasn’t true. But it does occur

From a USA Today article Sept 13, 2018

“there is a small underground market for dog and cat meat in the United States.”

There are some strange people in the good ole USA as well.

Well, I don't doubt that. There is a senior citizen couple in my church who love squirrel meat and put squirrel brains in their scrambled eggs.

That's a FAR cry from having anything nearly on the scale of that market in the video. It simply doesn't exist here.

To be clear: I don't have anything against them eating weird stuff (dogs, cats, etc). Some animals probably shouldn't be eaten simply b/c of the clear possibility of disease transmission (bats). I wouldn't impose western food preferences on them. But the manner in which they conduct their affairs is the cause of things.

Regardless of what other countries do or what we do, why do we have to label other countries "crap hole"?

Because the crap hole country where this virus originated is directly responsible for intentionally refusing to control the spread of the virus early on, to the extent that they treated as criminal those health professionals who tried to sound the alarm about the virus. It is directly b/c of those actions that the virus is here and wrecking our economy and killing Americans.

Well, I don't doubt that. There is a senior citizen couple in my church who love squirrel meat and put squirrel brains in their scrambled eggs.

That's a FAR cry from having anything nearly on the scale of that market in the video. It simply doesn't exist here.

To be clear: I don't have anything against them eating weird stuff (dogs, cats, etc). Some animals probably shouldn't be eaten simply b/c of the clear possibility of disease transmission (bats). I wouldn't impose western food preferences on them. But the manner in which they conduct their affairs is the cause of things.
Serious question: how much brains could you possibly extract from a squirrel
Which now brings me to another question: Can you imagine how close to the brink of starvation you would have to be in to think "Hmm, squirrel brains, why not ? "

We don’t.

If we focused on having proper tests, and things we can control, it would be more effective.
This was a novel virus and unprecedented. No matter what steps like the administration took it wouldnt be good enough for people like you. Travel ban from China, hes called a Xenophobe. Your act is tired and the American public will make it known again in November

This was a novel virus and unprecedented. No matter what steps like the administration took it wouldnt be good enough for people like you. Travel ban from China, hes called a Xenophobe. Your act is tired and the American public will make it known again in November

Curiously, early on the WHO advised for restricted travel WITHIN China but advised against barring international travel into/out of China. That makes zero sense to anyone. WHO is trash as well.

Well that’s clearly not true.

Also, I have not a aid anything about the travel ban being bad. I did say it wasn’t really a travel ban because it wasn’t. Americans were still coming and going from China.

Last edited:

Have you ever eaten Mt. Oysters raw?:eek: Some people do!!o_O

Curiously, early on the WHO advised for restricted travel WITHIN China but advised against barring international travel into/out of China. That makes zero sense to anyone. WHO is trash as well.
WHO has always been crap and corrupt led by a corrupt Dr.. China is the second largest donor to the WHO and can get them to control the narrative. WHO is a joke.

Reactions: broken_cock_
How many people over the age of 60-70 don't have a pre-existing condition of some sort? Obesity counts, and nearly 40% of Americans fall into that category. High blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease are all common as well.
The dea
How many people over the age of 60-70 don't have a pre-existing condition of some sort? Obesity counts, and nearly 40% of Americans fall into that category. High blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease are all common as well.
The average age of the victims in this study is 79.5.

When I do missions work in central America I no longer eat any meat, unless I bring it with me. The local markets in the Indian towns are unbelievable. Beef (and other meat) sits in the hot sun all day.
In the bigger cities it's not so bad.

Don't want to trot out another argumentative thread, so this is as good a place as any, with respect to Italy.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/over-99-of-coronavirus-patients-in-italy-who-died-had-other-illnesses/
While that may be a relief to some it actually makes me more nervous with regards to my T1D son (diagnosed at age 3). A simple cold takes a week longer to recover from and the blood sugar roller coaster any infection sends him on can land him in the hospital or the morgue. We have been lucky enough to dodge serious illnesses so far but it is only a matter of time before strep, flu, or something like this comes along...

Reactions: king ward
Kinda funny, the last flu epidemic originated in?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_influenza

Yep the US, so are we also a shit hole country?
If we are looking at pig farms in the south? Yes. Yes we absolutely are a shit hole country. They are quite possibly the most filthy, stinking, environmentally unfriendly operations in the country today.

Reactions: howard13
If we are looking at pig farms in the south? Yes. Yes we absolutely are a shit hole country. They are quite possibly the most filthy, stinking, environmentally unfriendly operations in the country today.
In these 3ed world countries it's not just the meat that makes you sick but also the water. If the water makes you sick then so does the produce they wash it in. In short everything makes you sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Serious question: how much brains could you possibly extract from a squirrel
Which now brings me to another question: Can you imagine how close to the brink of starvation you would have to be in to think "Hmm, squirrel brains, why not ? "

My brother tried feeding squirrel brains to our dog once. The dog was not interested.

You ever been downwind of a chicken farm?

The 2009 swine flu was not the same viral swine flu from NC. It's was a relative, but swine flu in pigs is very common. The mutation that hit the US in 2009 came out of Mexico. Patient zero was from Mexico.

Reactions: king ward
I can't believe the length the Lib/Dem/Trump haters here will go to talk down our great country while defending/apologizing for these countries that hate our guts and would cheer for our demise.

We are nothing like that commie shithole, despite the best efforts of the Dems and libs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT