ADVERTISEMENT

men are doing okay early

I pull hard for this team but I'd never agree with anybody who thinks we should have played this game. This was a dumb move to give Clemson a pretty easy win. Stupid move by whoever made the decision.

I pull hard for this team but I'd never agree with anybody who thinks we should have played this game. This was a dumb move to give Clemson a pretty easy win. Stupid move by whoever made the decision.
What was the alternative. The only other real option was to forfeit the game, because Clemson wasn't going reschedule because it doesn't benefit them. It sucks it happened to be the Clemson game but considering that we're down multiple players and didn't get blown out from a decently NET ranked Clemson team, this loss really doesn't move needle much either way on this team's post season hopes.

Reactions: USC 1992
for the players that normally sit the bench this game was important for them. it might create energy during practice and future games.

Reactions: kidrobinski
What was the alternative. The only other real option was to forfeit the game, because Clemson wasn't going reschedule because it doesn't benefit them. It sucks it happened to be the Clemson game but considering that we're down multiple players and didn't get blown out from a decently NET ranked Clemson team, this loss really doesn't move needle much either way on this team's post season hopes.
So Clemson in other words forced our hand here. Take the probable loss or forfeit the game. I guess it worked out well for our rival.

for the players that normally sit the bench this game was important for them. it might create energy during practice and future games.

So Clemson in other words forced our hand here. Take the probable loss or forfeit the game. I guess it worked out well for our rival.
Not sure of protocol, but did learn forfeit is for conference only games. Could have been a no contest, which would not have affected either records. Maybe there is a limit to # of players out but I have also seen other coaches decline to comment on the number.
I fear we couldn’t afford a L. Did seem like Brownell said to Frank while shaking hands at the end that he was sorry we had to play this game so who knows what options we had?
I loathe handing out rival a gift win, especially since it could impact our tourney chances, but it’s over. Hope we take the good, forget the rest and hopefully the guys who are out get back and let’s go handle business.

Reactions: roosterbell
That was a tough one, but we fought hard to be undermanned and I don’t think it hurts us in the long run! We really missed our bigs, just giving up 10 fouls to their two gave them a little bit freer reign at the rim! Love the bigs that played, but they need to work on they’re hands and receiving the ball!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I was at the game. The officiating completely changed after halftime. They let them play in the first half. Nothing but whistles in the second half. Carolina got killed on the boards. Late in the second half, Carolina only had 2 assists for the game. The offense was much better late in the game when they started driving to the basket. This is an unskilled team offensively. They need to focus on playing offense closer to the rim. They play hard, but their lack of basketball skill (shooting, passing) makes consistent offense difficult.

I was at the game. The officiating completely changed after halftime. They let them play in the first half. Nothing but whistles in the second half. Carolina got killed on the boards. Late in the second half, Carolina only had 2 assists for the game. The offense was much better late in the game when they started driving to the basket. This is an unskilled team offensively. They need to focus on playing offense closer to the rim. They play hard, but their lack of basketball skill (shooting, passing) makes consistent offense difficult.
I was there too. To be fair I think the offense was hindered by guys playing that would normally be watching. We’re not very good offensively, but we had too many guys out to be very good on that end.

The first half was ugly but I loved the fight we showed on defense. The officiating was $hitty from the Frank technical called across the court, to the Keyshawn no call to the review of the foul at the end bc Brownell whined for it and the discrepancy in fouls called in a physical game was pitiful.

Hated the result but I thought the effort was there. Glad you came out and supported the team. It’s not easy to visit the “little John”

I was there too. To be fair I think the offense was hindered by guys playing that would normally be watching. We’re not very good offensively, but we had too many guys out to be very good on that end.

The first half was ugly but I loved the fight we showed on defense. The officiating was $hitty from the Frank technical called across the court, to the Keyshawn no call to the review of the foul at the end bc Brownell whined for it and the discrepancy in fouls called in a physical game was pitiful.

Hated the result but I thought the effort was there. Glad you came out and supported the team. It’s not easy to visit the “little John”
Good point. Missing players definitely hurt. Stevenson scored on a couple layups in the second half. I would like to see more of that. He seems to only look for the 3 point shot. 5 assists as a team for the entire game is alarming.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
If you're a career 35% scorer (and 28.7% from three) can you really call yourself a "shooting guard?" Though I guess it's not called a "making guard?"

Stevenson is terrible. A guy that's like my golf game - good once every seven or so times out on the course (or court in this case).

Reactions: Carltex
Clemson has closed the gap on all time series that is about to go to single digits.Clemson has like 38-18 record since 1971

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT