ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody got any good new music recommendations? Love the Greta Van Fleet referral several months

Greta Van Susteren

images

Not a big face melter, shredder fan- give me somebody that feels it baby

Andy plays with about as much feel as anyone alive . Watch this video if you have any doubts . I with you 100% . I’ll take Gary Moore and Carlos above any shredder any day . Andy is about as emotional a player as there is out there now . Check out all his stuff .

Andy plays with about as much feel as anyone alive . Watch this video if you have any doubts . I with you 100% . I’ll take Gary Moore and Carlos above any shredder any day . Andy is about as emotional a player as there is out there now . Check out all his stuff .
Oh my gosh- I am a believer!! Thanks so much for posting this. Great tone, vibrato. Can't say enough, love this guy. I immediately watched some other Youtube vids of him, and found a great cover he does of Strawberry Fields. Thanks again man!

Oh my gosh- I am a believer!! Thanks so much for posting this. Great tone, vibrato. Can't say enough, love this guy. I immediately watched some other Youtube vids of him, and found a great cover he does of Strawberry Fields. Thanks again man!

Check out his bohemian Rhapsody cover . It’s draw dropping . He’s another Austin guy .. go figure . Lol . Another great original of his is Electric Gypsy . Amazing tune . Big fan of Andy as a musician and a person . Nicest guy ever . Another amazing player to check out is Eric Gales . He’s been around for a LONG time but he’s just starting to break out . I saw him a few weeks ago live and was completely floored . Glad you dig Andy T !!

Right in your backyard ... Marcus King Band from Greenville . Especially if your into Allman Brothers or Blues and Soul . I’m a big jamband/ funk guy so my list is a little different but they are all worth a listen :

Finally checked out Marcus King. Holy damn smokes --

Liz Cooper and the Stampede, a really cool three piece band we saw at New Brooklyn last week, exceptional album Window Flowers.

Brent Cobb.
Black Country Communion
You'll thank me. You're welcome.

Oh yeah, "Oblivion" by Mastodon.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
Hi Guys, anybody have any new stuff to listen to? Haven't heard much that has wowed me lately, Chris Knight's new one Almost Daylight is up to his standards, great singer/songwriter, also a little on the mainstream side of country, but definitely not pop country is Midland - Let it Roll, check out the video for Mr. Lonely, pretty funny!

Last edited:
Hi Guys, anybody have any new stuff to listen to? Haven't heard much that has wowed me lately, Chris Knight's new oneAlmost Daylight is up to his standards, great singer/songwriter, also a little on the mainstream side of country, but definitely not pop country is Midland - Let it Roll, check out the video for Mr. Lonely, pretty funny!

Billy Strings is the most hyped musician in years for the jam band/jamgrass scene. I feel Marcus King is the best thing to happen to music since the Allman Brothers Band retired. I am also a huge Spafford, Doom Flamingo (Stasick from Umphrey’s McGee side project), Goose and Atlas Road Crew fan over the past several years.

Do you like heavy rock songs that are 10-15 minutes in length and carry messages of spiritual and personal evolution? If so I'd recommend the new album by Tool

I always find myself right back with early AIC... nothing now comes close... Maybe early STP... The new stuff just can't get there..

YouTube “Foxes and Fossils”. They have some old recordings. The women harmonize nicely.

Sorry guys, my picture didn't post, so here is the link for a free live stream of a Billy Strings show live Friday night at 8:30. This is a great channel for live and archived shows if you haven't found it already. By the way, the Infamous Stringdusters were more than outstanding last Friday night at the Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte, catch them when you can.

https://relix.com/live/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT