ADVERTISEMENT

This is just a guess on my part but I think the honeymoon is over

Willie T has a HC'ing record of 49-53 currently. Whoever at FSU signed off on hiring him needs to be terminated. Before his hiring, Taggart was 48-51, why did they hire this guy?

Political correctness?
It's inexpressible. I saw one other situation mentioned on the board today to which my reaction would be inexpressible. If you see it while perusing the board - it isn't sports related - you will perhaps detect the situation I mean. Sorry to be so oblique. The times, you know.

Taggert inherited a good program at WKU which he parlayed into the USF job. And one good year there against mediocre competition, and suddenly he became the flavor of the month. Can't think of many guys who could use that as qualification to get the Oregon job, and then after a so-so year there be able to grab the FSU job. He seems to be a nice guy. Presents himself well. And I am sure that both programs assumed that he could recruit. But to this point he looks like a deer in the headlights on the sideline. I know he has a big buyout, but if things don't improve quickly that will be a cheap price to pay to prevent the program from bottoming out. And unless things inprove quickly, I can see this ending very quickly and very ugly.

Taggert inherited a good program at WKU which he parlayed into the USF job. And one good year there against mediocre competition, and suddenly he became the flavor of the month. Can't think of many guys who could use that as qualification to get the Oregon job, and then after a so-so year there be able to grab the FSU job. He seems to be a nice guy. Presents himself well. And I am sure that both programs assumed that he could recruit. But to this point he looks like a deer in the headlights on the sideline. I know he has a big buyout, but if things don't improve quickly that will be a cheap price to pay to prevent the program from bottoming out. And unless things inprove quickly, I can see this ending very quickly and very ugly.

He inherited a toxic locker room at FSU and it shows. He hasn’t chased off players yet, like Muschamp at USC and Strong at UT when they came in, maybe because the guys who should go are just too talented.

He inherited a toxic locker room at FSU and it shows. He hasn’t chased off players yet, like Muschamp at USC and Strong at UT when they came in, maybe because the guys who should go are just too talented.
Situations like that and decisions arising out of them don't tend to go well in the short term.. There might not be a long term.

Dabo has lowered the bar. ADs now think they can bring in any rah-rah, relates-to-the-kids, recruits-well doofus at coach and they'll go to the playoff. Unfortunately for FSU, Taggert actually believes he can coach an "up-tempo" offense. What a trainwreck. Dabo understands his limitations and delegates. Taggert needs to just survive the season, bring in a real OC in the post-season and then he can focus solely on team swag.

FSU plays in the ACC. They could very well be in the playoff next season. Seriously.

Willie T has a HC'ing record of 49-53 currently. Whoever at FSU signed off on hiring him needs to be terminated. Before his hiring, Taggart was 48-51, why did they hire this guy?

I was wondering the same thing, because I knew his overall record was poor but I didn't know his exact record.

I certainly don't know why he was hired but it may have been after that UT debacle when the Vols when though an embarrassing search to replace Jones. Add that to the fact, pickings were probably pretty slim at that time and Taggart may have been the only choice. But, I think I would have gone the assistant route rather than hire a HC with Taggart's record.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward

That may be the result of all those penalties FSU received yesterday. The Noles are a very undisciplined team.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT