ADVERTISEMENT

BMAc and Dillman fired

Muschamp is afraid of Bmac. I think we see Bmac stay and we get a co-oc
I bet they are also too cheap to pay BMac's buyout/guaranteed contract.

Either way, doesn't matter to me. Muschamp is the problem. I doubt he gets the offense right on his 6th OC hire.

I like Bobby Bentley. But he won't do what it takes to win. Him coming back to Brynes as the OC costs Lattimore a State Championship his SR year. He wouldn't feed the horse, he wanted to Pass. Lattimore's JR year against Dorman he ran it 44 times brynes won.
Lattimore's SR against Dorman he ran less than 30 times Brynes lost. Spurrier knew to feed the horse. Chris Miller knew to feed the horse. Bentley had the hay he wouldn't feed the Horse.
Bentley is not the only OC or head coach that’s done that. Spurrier passed at times also when we should’ve been running. Numerous times in the red zone he would get cute and try to pass it in, when Lattimore was pretty much a sure thing down there. A couple losses we had, he wouldn’t run the ball, and I believe he was trying to pad Shaw’s stats or show that he could still win it with the pass. Now what you said is true Bobby Bentley was padding Shuler stats, and it cost Byrnes. I also remember him padding Willy Korn’s stats but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to win the game. How many games did Bentley win at Byrnes, and How many State Championships did he win! The guy is a Winner there’s make no mistake about that, and who’s to say he didn’t learn from those mistakes! Nick Saban made a mistake a couple years ago when he fired Lane Kiffen before the National Championship game, it happens to the best!

So, wait...... is there actually anything to this or is it a completely unsubstantiated rumor??

If bmac were to be fired, I actually wouldn’t be upset to see BB take over as OC. People (on here fwiw) seem to think he would open the O up and be successful. Either way, you’re not getting a good, proven guy in here with Champ’s seat glowing red. So let Bentley have it next year. If he bombs, clean house after next year.
Im down for that

If Tanner ordered Muschamp to change his staff beyond what he wanted, and Muschamp refused, would that not be insubordination? Could he then be fired without a buyout?

I dunno, but I would think you could make things so unbearable as far as staff changes that he would just quit.

Muschamp needs to go to school on Ed Ogeron, another former Defensive Coordinator. When LSU made him their Head Coach, I thought that they were promoting a dummy. But Ogeron showed he could adjust and move forward with the times.

If Tanner ordered Muschamp to change his staff beyond what he wanted, and Muschamp refused, would that not be insubordination? Could he then be fired without a buyout?

I keep seeing this. The simple answer is no. The contract gives the HC complete control over his staff. If Tanner tried to force him to fire or hire a single assistant strictly for performance reasons SC would be in breach of contract. (It would be different if that assistant broke university rules.)

Muschamp needs to go to school on Ed Ogeron, another former Defensive Coordinator. When LSU made him their Head Coach, I thought that they were promoting a dummy. But Ogeron showed he could adjust and move forward with the times.

not sure he adjusted etc. but he did hire a great OC and was fortunate to have a NFL caliber QB transfer in.

I keep seeing this. The simple answer is no. The contract gives the HC complete control over his staff. If Tanner tried to force him to fire or hire a single assistant strictly for performance reasons SC would be in breach of contract. (It would be different if that assistant broke university rules.)
Well, the worst thing that could happen would be that we would wind up paying him what he is owed anyway. What I once considered prohibitive I'm beginning to see as a necessity. With the atmosphere this this toxic and the confidence level this low, I really don't see how we can continue going the way we're going.

With our clueless always we have to "evaluate" head coach its damn possible.I am very worried that he wins enough next year that he stays around for another 5-6 years, especially if he hires a somewhat competent OC

Well, the worst thing that could happen would be that we would wind up paying him what he is owed anyway. What I once considered prohibitive I'm beginning to see as a necessity. With the atmosphere this this toxic and the confidence level this low, I really don't see how we can continue going the way we're going.
75% vs 100% and him driving the program in the ground further

No brainer

I wish I knew what happened at halftime of the Akron game. It was like someone turned out the lights and said "goodnight." Up until then we were a decently competent offensive team. Defense (esp. the secondary) was the problem last year. Then the offense started to appear on milk cartons. It ain't been seen since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT