ADVERTISEMENT

Is the virus not allowed to be mentioned/discussed on the board?

Not me. Yeah I set up my home office with a big desk and nice office chair but I still find I'm more productive in my office at work. Work is work, home is do what I want.
If one is fortunate enough to have sufficient space in one's home to dedicate a room specifically for office use, spend time in there during work hours only.

That will never happen. Do you worry equally over the flu?
By all-clear, I mean that the CDC no longer recommends social distancing, mask-wearing, etc.

And unlike far too many out there, I don't worry. I practice measured, reasonable social distancing and wear a mask when the building / event requires me to.

No idea. I prefer to talk politics or the virus anyway.

mods don’t like it though. They prefer those extensive differences in posters didn't exist. They do.
My hope is that mods dislike is (merely) the political trash talk. Lord knows, we've had our share on here, and it appears to be slowing down.

Love a vigorous debate in which both sides respect each other.

I've been working from home for going on 7 years. The office is an hour and twenty minute drive into North Charlotte. I only go in a few times a year and not at all now. I'm much more productive at home where no one can come plant themselves in front of your desk and interrupt whenever they want.
Must be nice to live alone with no kids.

Take a look at the numbers...

In South Carolina ...

A total of 832 hospital beds were filled Wednesday with people who have the coronavirus or are suspected of having it, DHEC said. That’s up from 731 on Monday.

Some of the big hospitals listed below of the number of beds...

Prisma Richland 640 bed hospital
Prisma Greenville 814 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist 352 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist Parkridge 72 bed hospital
Prisma Children's 163 bed hospital
Prisma Tuomey 283 bed hospital
Prisma Heart Hospital 124 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist Easley 109 bed hospital
Prisma Laurens 90 bed hospital
Prisma North Greenville 45 bed hospital
Lexington Medical 508 bed hospital
Providence hospital 304 bed hospital
Conway Hospital 210 bed hospital
Grand Strand Medical 369 bed hospital
McLeod Hospital - Florence 461 bed hospital
Self Regional 322 bed hospital
Aiken Regional 273 bed hospital
MUSC Hospital 1,600 bed hospital
Roper Hospital 322 bed hospital
Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital 201 bed hospital
Trident Medical Center 321 bed hospital
Piedmont Medical Center 288 bed hospital
Beaufort Medical Center 197 bed hospital
Hilton Head Hospital 105 bed hospital
The Regional in Orangeburg 286 bed hospital

CASES TOP 27,000
At least 27,842 people in South Carolina have tested positive for the coronavirus and 683 have died, according to state health officials.

The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control on Wednesday reported an additional 1,291 cases of the virus, the highest single-day increase since the pandemic began.

Greenville County had the highest number of new cases with 241. DHEC reported 175 new cases in Charleston County and 183 in Horry County.

Health officials reported an additional 10 deaths Wednesday.

A total of 832 hospital beds were filled Wednesday with people who have the coronavirus or are suspected of having it, DHEC said. That’s up from 731 on Monday.

More than 9.4 million cases of COVID-19 and 484,000 deaths have been reported worldwide, according to Johns Hopkins University. In the United States, more than 2.3 million cases and 122,000 deaths have been reported.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article243782867.html?#storylink=cpy

In South Carolina ...

Some of the big hospitals listed below of the number of beds...

Prisma Richland 640 bed hospital
Prisma Greenville 814 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist 352 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist Parkridge 72 bed hospital
Prisma Children's 163 bed hospital
Prisma Tuomey 283 bed hospital
Prisma Heart Hospital 124 bed hospital
Prisma Baptist Easley 109 bed hospital
Prisma Laurens 90 bed hospital
Prisma North Greenville 45 bed hospital
Lexington Medical 508 bed hospital
Providence hospital 304 bed hospital
Conway Hospital 210 bed hospital
Grand Strand Medical 369 bed hospital
McLeod Hospital - Florence 461 bed hospital
Self Regional 322 bed hospital
Aiken Regional 273 bed hospital
MUSC Hospital 1,600 bed hospital
Roper Hospital 322 bed hospital
Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital 201 bed hospital
Trident Medical Center 321 bed hospital
Piedmont Medical Center 288 bed hospital
Beaufort Medical Center 197 bed hospital
Hilton Head Hospital 105 bed hospital
The Regional in Orangeburg 286 bed hospital

CASES TOP 27,000
At least 27,842 people in South Carolina have tested positive for the coronavirus and 683 have died, according to state health officials.

The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control on Wednesday reported an additional 1,291 cases of the virus, the highest single-day increase since the pandemic began.

Greenville County had the highest number of new cases with 241. DHEC reported 175 new cases in Charleston County and 183 in Horry County.

Health officials reported an additional 10 deaths Wednesday.

More than 9.4 million cases of COVID-19 and 484,000 deaths have been reported worldwide, according to Johns Hopkins University. In the United States, more than 2.3 million cases and 122,000 deaths have been reported.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article243782867.html?#storylink=cpy
Back of the envelope calculation based on DHEC data, not accounting for the exponential increase in case numbers, ICU bed usage rose linearly early from around 55% on April 20th to around 75% on June 20th.

That's an increase of about 10% per month, with no additional supply coming online

Back of the envelope calculation based on DHEC data, not accounting for the exponential increase in case numbers, ICU bed usage rose linearly early from around 55% on April 20th to around 75% on June 20th.

That's an increase of about 10% per month, with no additional supply coming online

I gave you facts, the same fact reported in the news...

832 in the hospital for COVID 19 in SC... Sound big, until you see how many beds are in SC...

People who are tested positive, some panic and end up going to the hospital...

Just take two shots of fighting cock bourbon and you'll be cured...

Last edited:
I gave you facts, the same fact reported in the news...

832 in the hospital for COVID 19 in SC... Sound big, until you see how many beds are in SC...

People who are tested positive, some panic and end up going to the hospital...

Just take two shots of fighting cock bourbon and you'll be cured...
Your "facts" are half-stories bro.

The percentage of covid utilized total ICU beds is rising by roughly 10%/month.

10%/month increase is small, right? It fits with your narrative

The numbers are rising considerably among the 20-44 yr age group, which are mostly low risk infections and not having a big effect on hospitalizations. The bigger concern is this will spread into the higher risk groups and really set things off.
Not to mention, slowing down any "opening" up. :(

The numbers are rising considerably among the 20-44 yr age group, which are mostly low risk infections and not having a big effect on hospitalizations. The bigger concern is this will spread into the higher risk groups and really set things off.
Not to mention, slowing down any "opening" up. :(

You forget that we are doing more testing now than 1 month, 2 months, and 3 months ago...

If the death rates go up, then we have something to worry about... Right now, the death rate is 0.02%, and most of them are the elderly and people with respiratory issues...

The more we test, the more we are finding out that we all have some form or COVID 19 and it hasn't killed us...

The shut down and take shelter did us no go, but helped the healthcare system from overloading... That what Anthony Fauci when he was fessing up lies he told in the beginning...

Keeping people shut in keep people from getting the virus, the virus was still out there looking for a host...

Again as of today, death rate is 0.02%... End of story...

"If we didn't wanna test, or if we didn't test, we wouldn't have cases. But we have cases because we test."

There you go, discussion over. We are truly living in bazarro world. Everybody sleep well, try not to think about nuclear codes and stuff like that. Everything is under control.

tVIQTaP.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT