ADVERTISEMENT

Doogie Howser wants to flip your meat....

Think you guys are hearing what you want to hear. Ignoring the fact that NPH is gay in real life, it's mancode that you don't mess with whatever is on somebody else's grill, regardless of sexual orientation. That's why it's funny (or was before the 150th iteration). I think your subconscious might be trying to tell you something.

And take Peyton on Sunday morning with ya please
Yes....really really really tired of those spots. I don't know what Direct TV is thinking. They don't need to spend the money and have one of those spots run in almost every single break to be effective. Guess Direct TV has more money than they need.

No smart ass. It has to do with children watching and asking questions.
You're using an imaginary child to as an excuse for the problem you have with the ad? I assure you, any "child" picking up on whatever sexual innuendo you perceive in that spot doesn't need anything explained to him/her.

But, prayers to you and your family that NPH and Heinekin don't give your imaginary child the gay.

Oh geezus, the PC police are out in force again tonight. Do they ever sleep? Fact is there is a lot of stuff on tv... hetero, homo (if i can is still call it that,) violent, and on and on....that isn't appropriate. It just so happens that this discussion was about an ad that I presume had gay innuendos. I didn't see it. Give it a rest.

Think you guys are hearing what you want to hear. Ignoring the fact that NPH is gay in real life, it's mancode that you don't mess with whatever is on somebody else's grill, regardless of sexual orientation. That's why it's funny (or was before the 150th iteration). I think your subconscious might be trying to tell you something.
No, straight guys are seeing what the writers want everyone to see.
Duh

You're using an imaginary child to as an excuse for the problem you have with the ad? I assure you, any "child" picking up on whatever sexual innuendo you perceive in that spot doesn't need anything explained to him/her.

But, prayers to you and your family that NPH and Heinekin don't give your imaginary child the gay.
You either never had children or if you did weren't very observant raising them.
Children are keen and curious, and are often targets to advertisers in ways adults often don't recognize.

You either never had children or if you did weren't very observant raising them.
Children are keen and curious, and are often targets to advertisers in ways adults often don't recognize.
I have 3 of them. My oldest will likely start asking questions in the near future. How do I keep him from being gay, like the advertisers want? Do I need to just rid my house of TVs? Marketing is a powerful tool, if there's a motive behind it. I'm asking you what that motive is. Is it the Gay Agenda? Why do Heinekin commercial writers care about that? To get gay people to drink their crappy beer?

Lol. "Normal" is...what? Missionary with the lights off?

Anyway...not the forum for this, just entirely amusing at how hard some people try to find something to be offended about. Ain't just liberals, gents.
No. My problem is who g.a.s. what you do with your significant other behind closed doors.
STFU about it and don't try to force others to accept your lifestyle choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedUSC
I have 3 of them. My oldest will likely start asking questions in the near future. How do I keep him from being gay, like the advertisers want? Do I need to just rid my house of TVs? Marketing is a powerful tool, if there's a motive behind it. I'm asking you what that motive is. Is it the Gay Agenda? Why do Heinekin commercial writers care about that? To get gay people to drink their crappy beer?
Well your on to something here.

I'd say yes. They're always looking for market share. And they don't care what lil Billy and Janie ask their parents about.

Ha ha dude whatever. I have a 7 year old son (i still have his baby pic with a Carolina cap as my avatar on cockytalk) that asks questions about everything. You'd be surprised what kids pick up on. I'm assuming you don't have children. He realizes there's a pun going on but only one side of it, the guy behind the grill flipping burgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRUEGARNET
No. My problem is who g.a.s. what you do with your significant other behind closed doors?
STFU about it and don't try to force others to accept your lifestyle choice.
I think it's pretty obvious who actually gives a #### here. Sex is pervasive in advertising and marketing. I reckon it's inevitable that some it is going to be icky to some viewers. It's a shame that this stuff is being crammed down your throat. You know...like meat.

So, just to clarify: overt sexuality and objectification of women in advertising is A-OK for a 7 year old, as long as it's of the heterosexual variety. Gay sexual innuendo? ABSOLUTELY NOT, MISTER. THAT'S ICKY.

Do I have it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT